• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

please tell me someone undersands. i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L

louise

I have a very strange way of thinking and am begging someone to help me. I have 3 children and need to think of them but these thoughts take over my whole life. I always think totally irrational and very negative. for example i accidently pinched a lipstick now i'm worried i'l be on the news its so rediculous i know. then another example is i'm totally paranoid bad things are going to happen and i'l end up loosing my husband over things! i dont feel like i deserve him. i know this is not depression but its a guilty feeling like i've done the worst thing all the time. i have very low self esteem and need onstant attention and possitive comments about the way i look to give me a lift. i'm not ugly by far so why do i need this all the time.?? i am at my wits end and feel like a weirdo. i've looked for councellors who charge £35 an hour and the waiting list on nhs is 2 years. please please please help. thanks

lehcar24

lehcar24

Hi,

reading what youjust wrote i thought it was about me lol i get like this but im sorry i dont understand it anymore than you do and i too cant take it anymore i went to the doctors this morning and they are sending to IAPT- improving access to psychological therapies.. im not too sure what it is..

i know this hasnt helped but i did want u too know ur not alone.. what does your doctor say about this? and do you have to wait to see someone? can u not see the councellor in the doctors or ask to be sent to what they have sent to me cos they do it all over the country.. maybe u should write it down and mention it to ur doc's.. from what i got from her it is a therapy that will help u live with and work out your problems or somethin like that xxx

hope it all works out for you, if u want to chat u know where we are xx

L

louise

thank the lord for that

that someone else understands. i feel like i have to load all my guilt and worry off on to my poor husband to make me feel better and then i feel ok for a while then i think of something else i need to worry about. such stupid things that when you say it aloud to someone else you realise how patheticly unlikely it will ever evr happen! do you have the same feelings? any examples?

S

skyblue

I have bi-polar depression at the moment, but I also suffer with Anxiety/Panic and at the moment it's shot through the roof.

I have two young children and a partner. I'm constantly thinking dark thoughts right now that something really bad is going to happen and I start to panic, it's such a horrible feeling. This has been going on for sometime now and I can't stand it any longer. I'm on medications, but they're not working for me. I'm currently trying to get in touch with my Pdoc in hope he can help.

I hope these feelings subside for you, I can understand how awful you must be feeling.

Look after yourself x

L

louise

thanks so much its nice to know i'm not the only one. i just want it to go away now i'm to impatient with councelling cause i dont think its going to change my thougt process. its so horrible. i adore my kids and husband but just feel gulty for everything.

lehcar24

lehcar24

well u certainly are not alone.. i drive myself crazy with constant thoughts that are so over the top and so silly.. i always think i have somethin like an illness that is killin me! lol the most popular phrase i say to people is "i think im dying"
everyone thinks im such a hypacondriac! which is probably true..

i worry about everythin.. i had a doctors appointment this morning and sat up from 1am worrying about it.. googling things that i could have..

i live with my grandad as he cant live on his own and everytime he shuts his eyes i have to look at his chest jus to make sure! everytime he goes to bed he normally gets up loads to go toilet so if he hasnt got up for an hour i get nervous and panicky but he is fine..

when i go out i think everyone is looking at me and talking about me, which makes me not wanna go out..

i think that everyone hates me even my family !

i worry about everything !!! i drive myself mad.. thoughts that go round my head race so fast that i constantly have a headache.. if i could i would lay in bed all day everyday and shut the world out!

now reading what i have jus wrote has made me worry that you will think i am a totall wierdo !! and everyone else who reads it! ..

maybe i am :) lol

hopefully now i finally have gone to doctors with it all written down i will get sorted!

i think you should go back to your doctors.. if ur on a long waiting list they should be able to help you whilst your waiting.. xxx

L

louise

trust me i dont think your mad. but if i told you the things i thought you would hink i'm seriusly nuts.ha