• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please tell me it's not true

E

elldrfw97

I don't believe you can stop the thinking. I think you can only learn to live with it and accept it and that through time it will ease of it's own accord. I know it's difficult and debilitating. I experience it every day of my life.
I'm sorry you deal with it. But since you think those thoughts can become real..I'm very scared and I need to stop it somehow.

Z

Zaz3

If the thoughts are negative and intrusive you can counteract them with positive thoughts. To begin.with it may feel forced and contrived but with practice you can achieve a more balanced style of thinking.

E

elldrfw97

If the thoughts are negative and intrusive you can counteract them with positive thoughts. To begin.with it may feel forced and contrived but with practice you can achieve a more balanced style of thinking.
This is exactly what I do now, it doesn't really help unfortunately. But thank you anyway!

Z

Zaz3

It may not help immediately. It takes time and patience. I think you have to face them somehow rather than push them away. I hope you find some way of coping better with this 🙂

E

elldrfw97

It may not help immediately. It takes time and patience. I think you have to face them somehow rather than push them away. I hope you find some way of coping better with this 🙂
Thank you:)