• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please someone help me get through this

S

Sarax

I'm at a loss as I really feel so low at the moment... I'm feeling like I'd rather die than be in the place I'm in!! Don't know what to do :(

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hi Sarax,

sorry you are feeling so low - do you want to talk about it? What is making you feel so low at this time

Have you got any distraction techniques that you can try?

S

Sarax

Just about everything I can think of at the moment is going wrong and there seems nothing I can do to make these things right!!

keepsafe

keepsafe

Is there anything you can do to try to distract from the horrible feelings you have now - I know how you feel, is there anyone at home that you can talk to. Obviously you can talk on here, what is it this everything - can you think of something that has got to you today or have you been feeling like this for a while?

S

Sarax

Honestly,,,I can't remember the last time I didn't feel lke shit. I've just been covering it up with going out drinking every night, now afer not going out for a few nights I feel lower than ever.

keepsafe

keepsafe

You know drinking makes depression worse and leaves us in less control over what we may do to ourselves/others - I am not a model citizen I have to say I drink too, but I know it makes me worse and the come down afterwards is always bad and low.
Do you take anything for your depression? Have you tried any herbal remedies or suchlike.

Would you like to be able to talk about what it is that is making you feel so low?

KS

keepsafe

keepsafe

Try to type out somethings for yourself and see whether that makes you feel any better - try making a list of things that are going wrong/right in your life.

There is a journal section on here - perhaps it might help you to start a journal and see how things go from there.

Lots of people here have them - me included. I write mine for me only - It makes me feel better sometimes to get things out.

S

Sarax

Well this is it, I drink because I feel low, I go out in a evening, get home at 5 or 6 am where I can't remember a thing, this has been my way of coping lately and has kept my mind off problems

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes it was my way of coping too but it only works for so long until you get so so low you can;t handle it anymore - When I got that bad I went to my doctors and asked for help. Not everyone does and not everyone gets the help they need - I guess I am lucky in some ways as I now get therapy.

If you want to talk to someone in confidence you can always phone the samaritans on 08457 909090 - you could always PM me if you like.

I'm not around 24/7 though the samaritans are.

I guess drinking to mask problems is not to solution we think it is - not for me anyway

M

mad as a hatter

i agree with keepsafe on this 1 drinking only makes u more depressed and ur problems r still there i go 2 ur gp ask for some help

S

Sarax

Unfortunately I have done numerous times with no help....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 4
T Depression Forum 9
K Depression Forum 4
midnightphoenix Depression Forum 13
A Depression Forum 14