Please someone help....anxiety...sertraline to mirtazipane

J

Jonny7

Hello, i'm suffering again from Generalised Anxiety Disorder after 16 years remission where Sertraline worked like a dream. My 200mg Sertraline pooped out and GP has recommended Mirtzapine as a combination as opposed to going higher on Sertraline.

Would like to hear some positive inspirational stories on Mirtzapine and combinations and how long it took people to get better. I've been on Mirtzapine for around 3 weeks and recently increased to 30mg as was getting sleep but after initially feeling better the anxiety is back again.

Wondering how long to hang on before upping to 45mg?

Thanks so much for reaching out in advance

J

Jonny7

Hi Poppy Doll, had loads of counselling, CBT etc. Unfortunately I appear to have a chemical imbalance and only medication seems to help. I still practice CBT, meditation, exercise, eat healthily, don’t drink alcohol etc. Am at the mercy of the pills it seems :(

J

Jonny7

8 weeks into Mirtazipane and I am now completely back to normal. 7 days anxiety, insomnia and depression completely gone. Best Christmas present I’ve ever had

J

Jonny7

Anxiety has come back for last 2 days. Not awful but enough for it to distort my thinking and stop me being my normal self. Hoping it’s just a blip and have been doing the SilverCloud CBT online modules. Will just need to ride this out on the 45mg that initially make me feel good for over a week.

J

Jonny7

Feeling very down and anxious as I was feeling completely better on the 45mg dose. After 6 days of bliss, breakthrough anxiety has come through and I’m now in a sensitised state for most of the day. I tried to drift through it and ignore yesterday but succumbed to taking a Lorazepam this afternoon to get me through the day. Back to work tomorrow and really hoping this is an extended blip and I will start to feel better again. No where else to go dosage wise as I’m on 45mg Mirtzipane before bedtime and 200mg Sertraline in the morning.