Please respond ASAP questions about blood pressure please I’m freaking out

J

Jtreyo89

Ok so my blood pressure is always 140/90 or 130/91 is this bad sometime it’s even 130/95 is this heart attack high am I about to have a heart attack at any minute . My heart is racing right now I’m trying so hard to not go to the hospital again my heart is beating crazy

mischief

mischief

Admin
You would be best checking in with a free helpline such as Ask-A-Nurse

Here is how they describe their service:

"Because health issues are never convenient, Ask-A-Nurse is available to provide free, expert advice on your schedule.

Our Ask-A-Nurse service provides answers to your healthcare concerns, anytime day or night. Do you need help deciding if you or your child should go to the ER, visit your physician, or handle your concern at home? Our registered nurses will provide answers, as well as peace of mind.

Call Ask-A-Nurse 24/7 at (615) 514-0757​
Our registered nurses provide consultation and answer health-related questions. They do not diagnose conditions but provide information on many subjects"

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

High yes but you seem stressed which raises heart rate/pressure the more you see the doctor the easier for me anyway plus I’m sure they gave you a opinion on your general health and how it effects blood rate

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’m guessing you have a blood pressure monitor and are testing it regularly. It can become an obsession . The figures your giving seem to be pretty normal but you are obviously stressed over this and it would be advisable to see a gp and have your mind put at rest

megirl

megirl

I found as a nurse all sorts of reasons can affect blood pressure.
But I can't comment as you need to see a doctor.
I wouldn't panic mine is always 140/80 I dont have any other risk factors. Also it depends on what's your usual blood pressure is.
I have a friend her blood pressure would seem too low but everything else is fine.
Need to get other tests which give a better picture of yr health.

L

Laudanum

140/90 is borderline high, but nothing to be particularly worried about. It can go up when you are exercising or anxious (the 'white coat effect'). A few years ago mine crept up to 160/105 when I was particularly anxious, but it is generally around the 130/80 range.

Try taking it when most relaxed.