• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please reply.....I have to go four days with no Amitriptyline....

bubbling under

bubbling under

will I be ok, will I get withdrawal symptoms....as you can imagine I'm very worried and would appreciate anyones experience.

And it's my own fault aswell:(

Thankyou!

bubbling under

bubbling under

Can I....what do I do? Just turn up at a&e??

A

Apotheosis

I have had to do this a couple of times -

I rang NHS Direct & explained the situation -

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

NHS Direct are a very good service - 08454647

Then I think I phoned the local hospital/casualty - who have emergency clinics; with a GP - then I had to find a chemist that was open that had the tablets in stock. It was a lot of messing about, but I did get it sorted. Ask them at NHS Direct what to do, & explain the situation. They are very helpful.

Let us know how you get on.

These days I have a repeat script that the chemist sorts out, when I pick up the meds they give me an appointment card of when to pick up the next lot, all I have to do is to collect them; they organise sorting them out so I don't run out over bank holidays & things. Some Chemists also run delivery services.

bubbling under

bubbling under

That's what has happened...with everything going on the last few weeks I hadn't checked how many i had left.I've got a repeat script, but it's got to go through my gp first, who aren't open saturdays and it takes 48hrs to process:(

I'll call nhs direct...thankyou x

bubbling under

bubbling under

I'm now sorted until my script is ready on tuesday :):clap:

A

Apotheosis

I'm now sorted until my script is ready on tuesday :):clap:
That's good - Where about's in Hampshire are you - I used to live all over the New Forest area - Lymington & Milford mainly, went to school in Highcliffe.