• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please read, I'm in a terrible situation

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

I'm going to try to make this post as short as possible, but please bare with me. :)

When I was 3/4 years old I lived with my mum, dad and three brothers, lets say brother 1, brother 2, brother 3. I was sexually abused aged at age 3/4 by brother 2 and have always believed this and still have the memory till this day of brother 2 abusing me. But he has always denied it.

The other day I confronted brother 2 who I haven't spoke to in years about the abuse hoping he would admit it was him and I could have some kind of closure. But he so confident he is innocent (he is an aggressive, troubled, manipulative man) he is willing to pay for a lie detector test. His girlfriend is confident it isn't him but she is supporting me and thinks I have a right to know who did this to me. But I KNOW it was brother 2, unless my memory has failed me, I know I was very young but I KNOW what happened and who did it :confused:

Now we are arranging my 3 brothers, my dad and me to do a lie detector test to see who is lying. I am 100% willing to take a test too as I want to prove to my family I am not lying I think it is brother 2. But brother 2 is also sure he will be innocent.

I can't understand why he is so confident about doing the test when it is him who abused me, and even worse my family are starting to believe it wasn't him and doubting me.

This is such a horrible messed up situation. I feel on the edge, I am still recovering from a breakdown

I need some hugs guys :hug:

iffybob

iffybob

Time

The situation is already set, untill you all do the lie detector, all any of you can do is wait, you can worry about the out come, and try and work it out, but you will be playing it by ear after the test, all of those involved will.

As to why a person would lie, even if they know they are guilty, and are confronted , the answer is they just do..... it is not up to you to validate others behavyour, I have had people try to lie to me about stuff when they looked round and realised I was and had ben watching.... idiots...:confused:

Even if the person is demed to be lie-ing when he says he did not do it, if he has kept it up this long, he is likly to continue lying........ you may not resolve anything........

I am concerned that this incident is taking over your life, ok think about , but in your free time, you have wasted enough of your life already with this, just make sure that when this is either resolved or you decide it never will be and learn a way of living with that, that you have a life to get on with.....

....hope this helps ...... boB....:)

J

Johnny

Sorry to hear you are caught up in this horrible situation.

Just out of interest how old were brothers 1,2 and 3 when you were four years old? Hope you don't mind my asking

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

Sorry to hear you are caught up in this horrible situation.

Just out of interest how old were brothers 1,2 and 3 when you were four years old? Hope you don't mind my asking
brother 1 was 6/7 years old, brother 2 was 16yrs old and brother 3 was 18yrs old.

J

Johnny

Ahhh I see. I thought perhaps you were all roughly around the same age group.

I think Bob gives great advice here..........

I am concerned that this incident is taking over your life, ok think about , but in your free time, you have wasted enough of your life already with this, just make sure that when this is either resolved or you decide it never will be and learn a way of living with that, that you have a life to get on with

I'm no expert here and this must be such a sensitive subject for you, but I really hope Bob's words help you enormously and that you find the peace you so deserve

All the best

Johnny

Last edited:
thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

Thanks bob and johnny :)

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
You need some support for you and before the test is done. You could see if your GP can refer you for counselling to get some independent support.
Good luck.
KP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
naya Other 1
M Other 2
Tamziie93 Other 3
D Other 2
S Other 5