• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

please please help

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

my puppy is driving me crazy ,she has this new thing whenever bf hermit leaves the room she barks after him
he goes to the toilet-she barks ,he puts the rubbish out-she barks

he has to go to aunts flat to do some work next week and im dreading it ,she will bark the whole time which makes me feel unwell and the neighbours will complain i would
he can't have a lie in because she barks to get him up

i know i love her and you know i do but her behaviour is making me feel unwell

bf hemit is upstairs playing long distance video games with friends so far she has been ok but he is up there until past 10 and im just waiting for her to start crying and barking
this might not sound like much but its making me ill x

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Lu,
Try some training with her, I'm sure you tell her no already.
Get him to leave for only a minute or to, reward her if she doesn't bark.
Might there be a puppy school in your local area they might be able to help.
I'm so sorry.
You are a great mummy, puppies are hard work but it gets easier.
Hugs

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Hi Lu,
Try some training with her, I'm sure you tell her no already.
Get him to leave for only a minute or to, reward her if she doesn't bark.
Might there be a puppy school in your local area they might be able to help.
I'm so sorry.
You are a great mummy, puppies are hard work but it gets easier.
Hugs
we have a dog trainer coming out in december (at the cost of £600) we can't get an earlier appt
thank mayflower x

E

Elisante

Taking a break
Aw, it's your profile pic? Well, this breed is pretty infamous when it comes to barking. It's one of the loudest breeds. I don't know if you can help it. I read that the intense barking stops at age 5.

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
On youtube there a few good videos on how to train a dog to settle and be alone 😊

Myself like Zak George’s dog training revolution (positive reinforcement), I also like victoria stilwell. Both show great patience when handling dogs and give good tips. Zak have many different video about training the dog to stop whining and barking. But different dogs will take different long time and something that works for one dog might not work for another. You can always try and see if it will help Star. I hope it will become easier for you and you manage to find a way that work between you and Star 💕

I’m going to be in your spot with a puppy next year. I can just remember the struggle while taking care of my elder sisters puppy. Before myself only handled older dogs, that had already been trained.

My big sisters puppy:
AF3E07E8-E310-4EFC-A5D1-D7CF4D8EF91E.jpeg

N

Nukelavee

My schnauzer was like that if she was alone. I used an anti-bark collar to break her of it. The one I chose was sonic - if she barked, it made a high pitched chirp. 2 weeks, and she stopped totally, unless people knocked.