• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Please please can someone help me, in distress

D

dewey

I'm really struggling and need to speak to someone

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi Dewey,

I'm here if that's any help. x

D

dewey

Thanks guys, that means the world.
Hello Lunar, old friend and hello, bpd2020, new friend.
I am just really struggling, I have made a lot of positive progress but I cannot control my emotions right now

D

dewey

For two nights have not slept, and it looks like here goes another night with no sleep. It's not looking good.

I have work tomorrow, and if I don't sleep, it's not going to go well.

I feel very on the edge, turning over past trauma and other stuff going on in my life I can't deal with.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It is so hard when thinking of bad things and being able to sleep. Would it help to talk about what is going on in your life right now or would that make it harder?

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
For two nights have not slept, and it looks like here goes another night with no sleep. It's not looking good.

I have work tomorrow, and if I don't sleep, it's not going to go well.

I feel very on the edge, turning over past trauma and other stuff going on in my life I can't deal with.
Hey Dewey,

First of all, relax about sleeping and work tomorrow...if you were out dancing and happy tonight, it would be the easiest thing in the world to turn up to work on a couple of hours sleep. Stress is exhausting - so if you start clock watching and getting anxious, it all gets worse. I took my blood pressure/pulse about 40 minutes ago. I've just given myself a foot massage and listened to music since then and now my pulse is down from 92 to 80. Don't lay in bed and try and force yourself to sleep...give yourself a facial or listen to music and focus on removing the tension from your body from your head down to your toes.

Worries are always magnified at night. My own way of stopping my mind spinning like a washing machine is to schedule an 'appointment' with myself to deal with the worries. Sounds odd, but your mind throws up thoughts for a commitment to deal with them. Making a decision to spend an hour tomorrow going through these worries is enough to placate your mind - it's been heard. Tell yourself "Okay - these things need some thought and time but not now. I'll deal with this stuff tomorrow at 6 after dinner."

Toast with Marmite or Bovril...full of B vitamins for your nervous system and loads of magnesium which helps you sleep. xxx

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi @dewey

Did you get some sleep? How has today been?