• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please List Stereotypical and Atypical Behaviours of the Voices --

W

wellness

Hi All,
It would be of great benefit to us all if we could aggregate and list all the Stereotypical behaviours that we commony experience with the Voices and in addition the atypical ones ... this listing and categorisation would go a long way to gathering better insight into this symptom and phenomenon of "The Voices" ...
Some of the Stereotypical Behaviours I can account for and have seen others post here are:
1. Don't want you to succeed.
2. Want to Erase you and make you forget.
3. Keep on barking orders annoyingly to do things for them.
4. Asking you to "Kill other people".

One Gross Atypical Behavior I have encoutered:
1. Attempting or relentlessly just wanting me to turn "Gay" for them ... for what reason they want to do that is incomprehensible !!

Please do reply and list out your typical and atypical experiences in this thread and we can them collate all the results ...

Cheerio !!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

One thing I noticed is that the think I am a millionaire or have an endless supply of money. They want to purchase anything and everything when I am shopping online.

T

thrill

It is the fact that they don't want me to do certain actions, they say "dont do that".

W

wellness

One thing I noticed is that the think I am a millionaire or have an endless supply of money. They want to purchase anything and everything when I am shopping online.
Hi Brat,
This I have experienced as well ... it is NOT Positive behaviour but what they are trying to achieve is the end goal of trying to Bankrupt you !!

Cheerio !!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

They seem to think I should be thinking/ occupied with them all the time. Even if I have work to do or focusing on something - they seem to think I have endless time to be thinking about them.

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

Number one wants me to hurt other people, two is sarcastic of the people around me and three just keeps saying why are you doing that, why are you doing this what is the point of it.

Don't ask me why number three questions my actions, because I don't know why.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think there is a lot to be said to adopting a Zen approach - and just let it all wash over you.

Last edited: