please help

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Honestly when someone does this smiley :p what does it mean to you?? I'm serious I want to know your thoughts

S

Splodge

Smugness? maybe

S

Splodge

If there were bubble above the head - drunk lol

Reach

Reach

Cheeky, like someone has said you are a bossy cow and then they wink, it is a fun and playful warmth perhaps. Why?

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Thanks everyone I thought cheeky too

cboxpalace

cboxpalace

emoticons can be very confusing to me. I have no problems understanding the smiley face or sad face, but the one above could cause me problems. I relate the smiley face to something good and the sad face with something bad. I have more difficulty with some of the others because I can't tell if it's a good thing or bad thing. for ie. is it a playful gesture or are you laughing (making fun) at me. That said, don't stop using them because of me.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Honestly when someone does this smiley :p what does it mean to you?? I'm serious I want to know your thoughts
I use it as when i'm being "tongue in cheek" or a bit sarcastic, also when i'm taking the piss out of myself.
So yeah, i'd say it's cheeky and playful. x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

My reason for asking

Someone said I was being suggestive when I thought I was being cheeky so I thought, and he turned it into something rude as usual, and this person was my stepdad who sends me inappropriate texts, and then it got me thinking, do people really think I'm being suggestive when I do :p

B

Belavor

I suppose it always depends on the context, what was said that was preceding it.
From an objective stand-point, on its own, I treat it as 'cheeky / playful', when you want to convey something that can be taken as offensively, but you don't want them to interpret it that way.

By all means, it can be used in a flirtatious matter, but again, that always depends on the context.

I suppose you should always bare in mind that 'text' is only 7% of communication, and it is very easy for things to be misinterpreted, so it's a judgement call to make based on the person that you know. :)