• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help!!

S

sprout

Hello i am new to this forum and would like any advice possible.
I have been married for only 6 months and my wife has bi-polar disorder,only a few days ago she intimated that she may not love me anymore and that she is not sure if she wants to remain married to me.
Things have been a bit strained between us for a couple of months but this revelation was still a bolt out of the blue!!
I fully admit that i have been acting terribly lately with my own stress and aggression(But not physically toward her) which i am seeking help for but i fear it may be too late!
She has been acting very erracticely for the last month (i.e.staying out late after work drinking with her workmates and saying that she cant bring herself to come home!!).
Also within the last 2 months i was told that she spent £2000 on a watch for no apparent reason,and that she virtually pounced on me after returning home from work one evening(which was very unlike her).
I love her dearly but am confused as to whether she is so angry and upset with me that she wants to divorce me is really her talking or whether her bi-polar is confounding the issue slightly?
One more thing i would like to add is that we have both had a lot of hard times to get through within the last year(her mother died of cancer,i was suspended from my job for a while and her father has already met another woman so soon after her mothers death!)
I thank you for your time

Sophie

Sophie

Hi Sprout,
I don`t really know a great deal about bi-polar. With what`s happened recently, I would think that the things your wife says, and is doing is down to her illness. Is she seeing a councellor, or a mental health worker? If she is , do you think that you could go with her, and maybe have a word about what has been going on. If you look on the internet, you will be able to find more out about bi-polar. I hope this helps.:hug:

T

TrippyZ

This sounds like your wife is either manic or hypermanic. She needs to go a see her psycht or gp and tell them about how she is feeling. If you could go too that would be better.