• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help :/

B

BBear

Hi, for the past few months I have been considerring that I may be bipolar. I have experienced depressed periods, usually during winter [which I know could be that seasonal disorder]. However, for the past few months I have become very irritable and I get angry over the smallest of things, for example, my girlfriend has ADHD and even on her medication she is very hyper and recently if she gets too hyped up I get angry and shout at her. I hate doing this because it makes her think I don't love her when I do. Also, the other day she tried to take a picture of me whilst I was on the Wii Fit and I caught her and started hitting her. I've never been a violent person, and I couldn't control myself and then after I completely forgot that I'd done it until she told me.
I would say that these mood swings are to do with bipolar, but I don't get the highs that all the websites say about. The ones where they say people do irrational things and become over confident. I don't think I do that, occassionally I want to go out and buy lots of things, but I never have the money to do it, but when I do I always spend it straight away.

Can someone please help me? I've talked to my girlfriend about it and she says she thinks I have it and to tell my mom, but I'm only 16 and I think my mom will just blame it on hormones... Please help.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi BBear and welcome to the forum:welcome:

No one can diagnose you or even speculate as to what is causing your moods on an internet forum so the first thing you need to do is make an appointment with your GP and tell him what you have told us he can then refer you to an appropriate professional.

Take care and keep us updated xx

B

BBear

Hey :)
Thanks for your help I think I might go with my girlfriend for some moral support so I'll have to wait until she's back from her holiday.
xx

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hey :)
Thanks for your help I think I might go with my girlfriend for some moral support so I'll have to wait until she's back from her holiday.
xx
Well let us know how you get on and make sure you keep us updated, as you will get a lot of help and support on this forum from people who may be in a similar situation to you.