• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please help :/

B

BBear

Hi, for the past few months I have been considerring that I may be bipolar. I have experienced depressed periods, usually during winter [which I know could be that seasonal disorder]. However, for the past few months I have become very irritable and I get angry over the smallest of things, for example, my girlfriend has ADHD and even on her medication she is very hyper and recently if she gets too hyped up I get angry and shout at her. I hate doing this because it makes her think I don't love her when I do. Also, the other day she tried to take a picture of me whilst I was on the Wii Fit and I caught her and started hitting her. I've never been a violent person, and I couldn't control myself and then after I completely forgot that I'd done it until she told me.
I would say that these mood swings are to do with bipolar, but I don't get the highs that all the websites say about. The ones where they say people do irrational things and become over confident. I don't think I do that, occassionally I want to go out and buy lots of things, but I never have the money to do it, but when I do I always spend it straight away.

Can someone please help me? I've talked to my girlfriend about it and she says she thinks I have it and to tell my mom, but I'm only 16 and I think my mom will just blame it on hormones... Please help.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi BBear and welcome to the forum:welcome:

No one can diagnose you or even speculate as to what is causing your moods on an internet forum so the first thing you need to do is make an appointment with your GP and tell him what you have told us he can then refer you to an appropriate professional.

Take care and keep us updated xx

B

BBear

Hey :)
Thanks for your help I think I might go with my girlfriend for some moral support so I'll have to wait until she's back from her holiday.
xx

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hey :)
Thanks for your help I think I might go with my girlfriend for some moral support so I'll have to wait until she's back from her holiday.
xx
Well let us know how you get on and make sure you keep us updated, as you will get a lot of help and support on this forum from people who may be in a similar situation to you.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Help please - meds and doctors Bipolar Forum 19
A Latuda works, but causes me EXTREME sleepiness, help please Bipolar Forum 9
U Please help Bipolar Forum 17
M My on/off partner has shown all signs of bipolar, and I need help & advice please Bipolar Forum 7
S please help Bipolar Forum 4
C ** Please Help me ** Needing opinions on wife's mental state... Bipolar Forum 14
M I am bipolar type 2, and my younger brother was now recently diagnosed with type 1. Please help. Bipolar Forum 2
AnxiousE Definitely hypomania - please help Bipolar Forum 37
beebe help please .. i just need somone to talk to Bipolar Forum 5
Greyandblack Is this normal? Please help! Bipolar Forum 11
S Coming off geodon, please help.. Bipolar Forum 3
C I am unsure - help me please Bipolar Forum 7
A Long read but please. I need help or I’m going to lose my husband. Bipolar Forum 9
E Bipolar type 2 medicated boyfriend won’t come near me physically please help Bipolar Forum 10
L Multiple disorders, help please. Bipolar Forum 2
L No sleep please help Bipolar Forum 6
P Weight Gain (PLEASE HELP) Bipolar Forum 4
J Please, I beg you. Help me understand what this means. My boyfriend's symptoms are overwhelming me. I need guidance as to what to research and look in Bipolar Forum 10
F Please help Quitiapine is failing me Bipolar Forum 6
E My story, please help - bipolar or else? Bipolar Forum 9
S Desperate, need help please. Bipolar Forum 2
D Bonjour, and some help pretty please? Bipolar Forum 3
H Please help - I think my wife is bipolar *LONG* Bipolar Forum 15
G GAD or Cyclothymia?Please help!! Bipolar Forum 1
T Please help me. - trigger warning? Bipolar Forum 6
A Bipolar Girl Friend Pushing Me Away Need Help Please?? Bipolar Forum 19
D Relationship advice needed. Please help. Bipolar Forum 5
D Could really use some advice. Help please. Bipolar Forum 10
H Cyclothymia and Rage...Please help! Bipolar Forum 3
N I'm not a pedophile, please help me Bipolar Forum 9
L Is my husband bipolar disorder??? please help!! Bipolar Forum 3
B help please Bipolar Forum 9
F please help i'm new here! Bipolar Forum 4
4 I don't know if I am in the good section , Cyclothymic ? Help please Bipolar Forum 4
L Boyfriend with bipolar disorder is obsessed with bodybuilding. Please help. Bipolar Forum 7
L Worried about son... what does this sound like to you? PLEASE HELP! Bipolar Forum 2
J Please help Bipolar Forum 3
C Please help me...do I have bpd? Bipolar Forum 5
U I think my sister may have bipolar.. Or just depression. I'm not sure. Help please Bipolar Forum 5
rasselas.redux I need immediate and serious help. i HAVE AN IDENTITY CRISIS please help me Bipolar Forum 237
O Medicine S.O.S PLEASE HELP ME!!! Manic Depression & Anxiety Bipolar Forum 7
R confused: please help Bipolar Forum 3
S So scared, PLEASE HELP Bipolar Forum 8
W Please help me Bipolar Forum 12
calypso Can you help with this please? Bipolar Forum 1
N Help advice. Please Bipolar Forum 5
L Whore or victim..My Story out loud for the first time. Please help. Bipolar Forum 10
LostInThisWorld Please help, I'm getting worse. Bipolar Forum 32
S Bipolar, Schizophrenia, or DID or none? Please help! Bipolar Forum 4
S Please help me understand what is wrong with me. TW--Bipolar?, DID?, or Schizophrenia?- or none. Bipolar Forum 2