• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please help

I

InPain

i use to have a lot of intrusive thoughts like that too. But when I would have less dangerous thoughts for example: “if you don’t do this compulsion, you’ll embarrass yourself today” of course I don’t want to embarrass myself, but it’s not really crazy when compared to someone dying. So a lot of times I just walk away because if that intrusive thought even comes true, it’s okay since it’s just being embarrassed. So if you have any other non dangerous thoughts/compulsions, try to start off by walking away from those and work your way to the more dangerous ones. Hope it gets better🥰
Hello @RoxieDolly, thank you for your reply :) I have already worked on my less dangerous thoughts. Basically my recovery program has started with those. And I have successfully disregarded all of them and I have no other need to do compulsions for those. The thing is that I am too scared to work on these thoughts I have now. These thoughts are so scary and I simply do not want to risk anyone's life.

3howards

I,

Reminds me of step on a crack , break your mothers back.. and in the film as good as it gets.... the ocd character Melvin udall ( Jack Nickelson) could not step on cracks in nyc no less, he didn’t want to touch people either in the crowded streets so it was like a dance as he walked down the city streets....

Later( spoil alert, yet I’m taking a leap of faith all ocd people have seen this) the neighbours dog he had been walking for a few weeks will also not step on cracks....

Love that movie....

Most people I ever met, actually all the people I ever met with ocd were genius’....

A met a guy in Miami cargo, I also met him in Newark before we transferred.. Carlos, had bad ocd, the sac religious and violent images, he was in his early 20’s so the compulsive rituals had not started yet....

He walked around the cargo warehouse with books on physics and crazy math and would ask me math questions , and he wasn’t arrogant or f’ng with me, he was serious .. and would get frustrated when I had no idea what he was talking about....

I would yell at him “Carlos you crazy f’n genius, I don’t know what the f your talking about!”, why the hell are you even here?”

Well, I knew .. the rough part of Newark he came from.... I imagined stunted his growth to be working at nasa of were ever he should have been....

He’s not the only one I met.... chances are your really smart.... you know by not washing things your son will not die....did I read that right .. not washing things....

Fight your ocd, your greater than it, smarter.... it has chinks in its armor, weaknesses, limitations....you don’t .... time to stop the suppressing ocd crap they teach and kick ocds ass....

When ever it is that the light bulb goes on and you realise .... enough believing thoughts in your mind created by a chemical imbalance and your fear is gone.. ocd will fade away.... 56, decades of ocd b.s....Believe me it will fade....

If they can’t get to you .. they will put their tails between there legs and give up....peace is on your horizon....

Yeah, they will plot and come up with some other thing to bug you with, but you will be stronger then.... I talk of ocd as them.... just a way i cope.... I picture what ocd would look like if it was human and me knocking it on its ass....

My mentor is dr John Nash, he fought his hallucinations off and got his life back....a beautiful mind.. great movie....

Instead of washing things bake some cookies and put in your kids favourite movie , kick your feet up and relax AND KNOW .... your son won’t die, have comfort in that....

Be happy again....your smarter than the small part of your brain were there’s missing Seratonin....I’d bet you have a high IQ’s.... your to smart to believe your son will die

Magic is going to kill him?, evil fairies?, God who loves everyone would do this? , the devil or demons( not a fairy tale as some pseudo intellectuals think, Einstein, Edison, and Isaac Newton believed in God).... if you have a scientific reason not to believe in God I respect it at least , but if you think believing in God is a lack of I.q points .... I don’t respect you( not you.... pseudo intellectuals)

No logic or science or spiritual belief could support this.... tonight punch ocd right in the face( I use metaphors like punching ocd for using my intelligence to defeat this inferior opponent/chemical imbalance)....

You need to enjoy having that great kid/s....you sound like a great person and great mom.... you deserve better....

You will overcome this .. I know it....

Time to be a kick ass mom!

Threehowards