• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

please help.

C

concerned_sister

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and it's very good to have this kind of forum to enlighten any doubts about mental health and behavioral science. I do have problem , not myself but it is concerning about my younger brother. He is acting differently for his age ( he is 27 ). He just wanted to be alone most of the time in his room, has no interest at all to meet other people nor to go out and to look for job. There are times that he will got outburst of anger and will say curse words, throw things and even hurt my mom physically, but after that he will realized that he did wrong and will say sorry.. He have this paranoidal thinking about our neighbors talking about him. But if he is in normal state he is lovely, completely different from the devil that he portrait when he is angry!! It is been going on and on for quite awhile now and I am really frustrated , feel sorry for him and my family. I told him before that he needs some psychiatric advice , but it just caused another aggresive behavior and he said he is not mentally ill... I really do not know what to do, I know there is something wrong with my brother ( i feel sorry for my family who are affected with his behavior ).. please send me some advise for this..many thanks.

H

Hank

Hi, I just joined today myself and thought I say hello. I'm sure support will be offered to you here, and hopefully some impartial advice.
Your brother is very lucky to have a sister like you.
Best wishes

D

Dollit

Hi - whilst it's good that you want to get some sort of help for your brother you cannot make him take help that he doesn't want. What you should be concentrating on is looking after yourself and your mum. You don't say where in the world you are or else we could point you in the right direction for support in the country you're living in. But we will help all we can here. It's good you found the forum.

C

concerned_sister

Thanks

Thanks for the 2 replies.. iam living in uk but my parents and my younger brother is in Philippines, where in it's a big deal of stigma if someone is sent for psychiatric assessment ( because every body will think that the person has mental illness and its a disgrace for the whole family and the client ). Iam not thinking about what other people might say , I only wanted my brother to be normal. If he do not want to be seen by any psychiatrist ( because he believes his actions are acceptable although we knew that he is behaving badly ( aggressive, isolated , paranoid, anti-social ) , is there any option for any help?...