• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Please help!!

lizard56

lizard56

I’ve been feeling high. It comes and goes. I think it gets worse when I’m tired. Does anyone else get that?

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Taking a break
google: hypomania

see if that sounds like it

lizard56

lizard56

google: hypomania

see if that sounds like it
It says it’s for people who are bipolar. I don’t think I’m bipolar. My mood doesn’t switch. I’ve been under a lot of stress and hardly get any sleep due to having 4 kids and being a single parent. My youngest is a year old and still wakes up 3-4 times a night. I’ve noticed that when I haven’t had enough sleep, my anxiety is all over the place. Especially if I’m out somewhere and I’m tired. I can’t just nap whenever I want since I’m always on the go. I also have a full time job. I’m up from son up to son down.

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

It says it’s for people who are bipolar. I don’t think I’m bipolar. My mood doesn’t switch. I’ve been under a lot of stress and hardly get any sleep due to having 4 kids and being a single parent. My youngest is a year old and still wakes up 3-4 times a night. I’ve noticed that when I haven’t had enough sleep, my anxiety is all over the place. Especially if I’m out somewhere and I’m tired. I can’t just nap whenever I want since I’m always on the go. I also have a full time job. I’m up from son up to son down.
Hi Lizard,

I think I can relate to what you're talking about. When I'm sleep deprived I feel cracked out, detached, and kinda disoriented--is that what you meant by feeling high? Wow it sounds like you have some much going on that you don't have time to rest at all. If I was going through what you're going through, I would have anxiety all the time! How are you holding up through all of this?

lizard56

lizard56

The last time I felt like this was 7 years ago. A family member tested positive for Covid on Tuesday and Wednesday, I felt so stressed and worried that I triggered my anxiety. I was crying to my boyfriend. Now I feel I can’t leave my house and get in my car. I start freaking out just thinking about it, but I’m trying to be strong for my kids since the last time I felt this way was when I only had my oldest which is 10 now and was 1 when I first experienced my first panic attack. I’m constantly thinking something is wrong with my health so I overthink about it and I don’t get much rest because of it either. I started getting Acid Reflux so that’s what’s making things even worse.

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

I'm really sorry to hear about your family member, I can see why you would be triggered. I know this might sound weird but have you tried deep breathing or mediation? When I get anxious I start taking shallow quick breaths and that makes me even more anxious. So, I've found that by slowing down my breathing it really helped to bring the anxiety down to manageable levels.

You have so much stress and pressure on you right now, do you think you could see a psychiatrist/therapist so you don't have to go through this alone?

lizard56

lizard56

I'm really sorry to hear about your family member, I can see why you would be triggered. I know this might sound weird but have you tried deep breathing or mediation? When I get anxious I start taking shallow quick breaths and that makes me even more anxious. So, I've found that by slowing down my breathing it really helped to bring the anxiety down to manageable levels.

You have so much stress and pressure on you right now, do you think you could see a psychiatrist/therapist so you don't have to go through this alone?
Do you know of any good meditation videos? I’ve never tried it. Honestly, when I start to feel I’m gonna have an anxiety attack, I start breathing so fast that I cause myself to feel light headed. I’ve never fainted but I start to feel my heart racing and my hands get clammy. I also end up at the ER or the paramedics come to my home only for them to tell me it’s my anxiety. I have an appointment with my primary doctor next Monday so hopefully he/she will run tests. I know I should seek professional help because I don’t want to live in fear anymore. I was in a really bad car accident when I was younger and that’s where it all started. I think I have PTSD along with all this other stress I have.

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

One of the meditations I ind helpful on Youtube is from Joe Dispenza. Just search for him on YouTube and you should find a few videos by him. Hope this helps!

lizard56

lizard56

One of the meditations I ind helpful on Youtube is from Joe Dispenza. Just search for him on YouTube and you should find a few videos by him. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I was reading about this “high” feeling and most people would call it “brain fog” or “depersonalization”.

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

Thank you so much! I was reading about this “high” feeling and most people would call it “brain fog” or “depersonalization”.
Another thing I do if I don't have time for meditation is, I breath in for 4 seconds, hold my breath for 4 seconds, and breath out for 6 seconds. I just do that a few times until my anxiety comes down a little. Try to get some rest it will probably help with that "high feeling". Take care of yourself!