• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

please help

M

maplehdj82

i think my mother might be having suicidal thoughts and i’m so scared i don’t know what to do. lately she’s been saying that her life is worthless, that she’d like to be dead, that no one would miss her and that breaks my heart so much because she’s the person i love the most and i probably wouldn’t be able to get over something like that please help i’m so scared and i don’t know where i can seek help or how i can help her stop having those thoughts she’s all i have but i feel like she doesn’t know how important she is to me and everyone around her i want her to feel loved

i’m sorry this is so badly written i just don’t know what to do and i want to help her

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm sorry you are both going through this. I'm not sure how the system works outside of the UK, but perhaps you could call the above number for advice?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

i think my mother might be having suicidal thoughts and i’m so scared i don’t know what to do. lately she’s been saying that her life is worthless, that she’d like to be dead, that no one would miss her and that breaks my heart so much because she’s the person i love the most and i probably wouldn’t be able to get over something like that please help i’m so scared and i don’t know where i can seek help or how i can help her stop having those thoughts she’s all i have but i feel like she doesn’t know how important she is to me and everyone around her i want her to feel loved

i’m sorry this is so badly written i just don’t know what to do and i want to help her
Try get some help asap. As long as your around im sure there will be no serious actions but help soon. I wish you love and hugs and hope you both get through it.

K

karl7

have you talked to her about seeing a psychiatrist? You should let her know that these feelings of depression will pass....she will get better......depression ios a temporary stete of mind....i used to suffer badly with severe suicidal depression and i thought i would NOT get better, but i did. I would like to have had someone reassure me of this.....you should tell your mother this.....also if she sees a psychiatrist or your general doctor you may be able to get meds that will help her

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ParxSP Depression Forum 25
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 20
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 8
K Depression Forum 4
Brokenmirror Depression Forum 25