• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PLEASE HELP

T

Taffy

Hi Everyone, I have a huge problem and I'm a little upset with myself. I cannot get myself to go to doctors. When I make an appointment I end up canceling. I start to have anxiety really bad, yet I can go out to a store. Doctor app. I just can't do it. I need glasses, for the last several months I have had some numbness and tingling in both feet. I'm afraid to find out what the problem is. I think I pulled something in my shoulder sometimes it really hurts. I have other medical issues but I just can't seem to keep appt. Someone told me I'm going to end up in a home in a wheelchair. I tried to get someone to come here but can't find that kind of help. I am so disgusted with myself but I cannot go to appt. Please help, thank you.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi @Taffy here in the uk were not having doctors appoints any more unless absolutely necessary but you can request a telephone call and if necessary a video call so it wont be as daunting as having to sit in a surgery. Would your surgery allow you to have a telephone consultation and could you cope with that

T

Taffy

Hi @Taffy here in the uk were not having doctors appoints any more unless absolutely necessary but you can request a telephone call and if necessary a video call so it wont be as daunting as having to sit in a surgery. Would your surgery allow you to have a telephone consultation and could you cope with that
I'm ashamed to say this but I did set up a telephone appt with a counceler and that even scared me. I never went through with it.😤

Talina

Talina

Myself would always drag someone with me to the doctor appointment for example my little brother. After a time it became easier to go to doctor appointments. But I need to have a book and headset, to block out everything around me to keep me calm while waiting. Myself even had problems calling to make appointments and could have breakdowns. So I can perfectly understand the fear of going to the doctors.

So maybe have a friend that goes with you, it will be a bit motivating. I also try to not focus I’m going to the doctor until the last moment when it’s too late to cancel. Because I don’t want to pay for something I haven’t been to, which force me to go/ motivates me to go to the doctor.

blog15

blog15

it must be a must be situation, if it is you need to let go and trust God.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I bought one of those handheld massagers off amazon and it really helped me with a sore shoulder.