• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please Help

M

Mumof481

I've started having Panic Attacks again. I had them in my early 20's but they just started again 2 months ago and they are getting worse. I'm a nurse and they happen at work. I can't stop shaking- Is this a common thing? and I can't breathe
I'm in a bad relationship too and due to the Covid-19 I can't do anything about it either

D

Dispatch

can you ask one the doctors to see if they might be able to prescribe something for you that would help you calm down ? ... I can only guess at the amount of stress nurses and doctors are under these days ... you guys are the front line warriors and we are all so very grateful ... maybe if nothing else you might try taking magnesium glycinate ( not oxide ) ... magnesium is known as nature’s Valium ... hang in there and best of luck

C

Camaro502

Shaking and feeling like we can’t catch our breath are both common effects of panic. Animals in the wild shake after a close encounter to expel the extra adrenaline/ energy. Have you read, “Hope and Help for your Nerves” by Dr Claire Weekes? It helped me a lot when I was having panic attacks everyday and couldn’t leave the house. I like the Audible version. Hope it’s helpful. <3

R

Reecandoit

You have a lot of stress around you with work and your relationship. How have you been? I will check out the book recommendatio.