• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help

C

codywody

look I'm so so so scared i have the anxiety about hiv I'm so scared I've been in a messed up state for about 5 months now long story short 5 month ago i went to the clinic to get tested upon calling 2 weeks later for my results the lay told me neg for clymadia and ghon then she paused and said something to some one that was next to her saying "do i tell him that" that sent my anxiety thru the roof she then came back on the phone and told me i was HSV+ she told me i had herpes i was devastated that was the end of aug its december now and heres what I'm dealing with I'm not trolling with my post just very very scared and want and need help please. Maybe you can help me out Truthfully I really really need it, for months now approx 4 months ago when i found out I felt like my world had ended. I got so depressed I wasn't sleeping was eating that lasted for 2 and a half weeks and later i lost weight I began to think and worry what if it's something worse I would get so worried i would try and sleep and when I woke up I had a strange sour like taste in my mouth and I had foggy headaches. I began to google my symptoms which I've been told never to do but I did each time I would I would get this anxious feel that would take over and it seem like another symptom would happen Ive had burning sensation like a hot flash feel over my body numbness in hands a chill and hot spell that would happen that would really freak me out this had been going on since the beginning of October and has since lasted I have a major fear of it being worst then herpes even tho I been tested its still been a thought that I have been able to get rid of its is taking a toll on my body and its scarying me making me think that it's something else have any one else exprinced a severe anxiety like this that physical symptoms lingered for a length of time PLEASE HELP ME

Z

ZOZO1

Hi. Have you taken a HIV test? You won't know for sure until you do but anxiety has a funny way of making us feel symptoms of something we believe we have. You are probably just going through that. I convinced myself I had a brain tumor for around 5 months, I would get headaches all the time, feel dizzy and sick, I convinced myself that my speech had been impaired, Ii went to the doctors and had all the relevant tests and it was my anxiety playing tricks. I also was convinced for months that I was going to have a heart attak, got chest pains, palpitations, dizziness. Went to the docs again, had an ECG and I was fine! The more we worry the more it tricks us, it's a total vicious circle and I really feel for you but try your absolute hardest to distract your mind with something else, also try build up the courage to go get the test if you haven't done already and you will know for sure and get a closure either way. I know it's easier said than done but you can do it and you are certainly not alone. I hope you feel better soon :)

calypso

calypso

Admin
[If this is confusing, its because I have moved this post from the other thread you wrote cody. You are only allowed to write the same thread once on the forum,, so I have deleted the other two you started and left this one - Calypso]

SomersetScorpio

Forum Guide SomersetScorpio

Just to clarify - you were told that you were all clear when you were tested for HIV?
Unless you've had any new sexual partners since that test, then you should try to be assured that you are clear of it.
I know it's easier said than done..

I do think anxiety about health is quite a common form of anxiety. Are you under the care of the mental health team?
Have you talked to a doctor about your concerns with your health?

It's quite likely that the anxiety is what's making you feel unwell, and because you then feel unwell, you're getting more anxious. It's a vicious circle.
However, it might be that the doctors could run some blood tests for you - not that i'm saying you need them, but just to be able to rule out any obvious health problems and hopefully help you accept that there isn't anything life-threateningly wrong with you.

Anyone can slay a dragon, she told me, but try waking up every morning and loving the world all over again. That's what takes a real hero.

C

codywody

I did get tested but when I did they never said anything about that they just said I had herpes but I suffered from which I think is severe anxiety all my symptoms point to anxiety but I can not help thinking and haven't stop thinking and worrying since and it has made me a devolpe physical symptoms really bad

Z

ZOZO1

Aww there you go then :) You don't have it! It's just this silly anxiety playing tricks on you. They would have definitely told you if you had HIV. Yeah this is the trouble with it, once it grabs you it does not want to let go. All I can say is what I do myself when mine decides to take hold. I immerse myself into music and it really is a therapy for me. Have you got anything that you could bury your head into for a few hours because it really will help you to chill. Unfortunately the more you think about it the more symptoms you will get :-( It's a hard illness to cope with but try find ways that can help distract your mind :) You will get there hun, most definitely.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

They would have told you if your test had come back positive with the HIV - there's absolutely no way they wouldn't have told you.

I suspect that the stress you're feeling may be making your herpes symptoms worse.
Stress and anxiety puts your body under more pressure than you might believe - it really can make you feel absolutely awful.
Are you getting any help for your anxiety?

C

codywody

No I actaully been so afraid to go back to the doctor I don't want any more bad news