• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please Help With Advice... Awful Torment from Having to Hear Voices for Over a Year and a Half Now..

protocol

protocol

I thought I had a demon too. So I started reading about it online. The info on demons kept bringing up schizophrenics, so I eventually started reading more and more about schizophrenics. It was a huge shock to me when i came to the realization that i was a paranoid schizophrenic. Most of my life had been consumed by it. At first I thought people were watching me somehow. Then the voice told me it was a psychic and that it and the whole world had been brainwashed and only wanted to hurt me. And it did. Real bad, for a a very long time. Since I discover that I had a mental illness, the voice and the pain has quieted down some. I can't wait to get meds and a therapist so that hopefully I can make something of the time I have left in this world. The longer you wait to get help, the worse it will get. Maybe you could just try an appointment with a psychologist, and see what you think after that. I hope you don't wind up like me, over half your life in pain and fear. Please listen to all of us hear. We've been where you are right now.
No one trusts you.

S

squizofrenia123

I suffer from voices too. I used to go off my medication when I heard them. This time I stayed on my medication and they are going away gradually. I also am working online- teaching, which helps me to focus away from my voices. I think the best method is to stay on your medication and have some activities to help you focus away from your voices. Mine come and go every two to three years. I have gone off my medication during these times with terrible results. I have been hospitalized a few times because of this too. However, this time I decided to stay on my medication and am doing ok. I wish you the best!

soul searching

soul searching

I haven't started meds yet, waiting on appointment, will take your experience, squizofrenia123, as good advice. Thanks for sharing!

S

squizofrenia123

I am doing ok but feel kind of tired but drank some coffee now and feel fine again. I am still taking my medication daily. The voices are dying down now. Happy holidays!