• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help! We're drifting apart but we don't want to!!

Snowflake3008

Snowflake3008

Me and my boyfriend, we've been going out a year now (today infact) and we've noticed that we're drifting apart. A lot. He's 15, I'm 16, just...I turned 16 a few weeks ago. I know we're young but we don't want to break up. But he doesn't want to mature at all and I already have. It's like my idea of fun is getting together with mates and having a nice chat. His idea of fun is just doing loads of spontaneous stuff and making the most of life. And now he finds me boring.....and we just don't seem to have anything in common anymore. Yet we're madly in love and we don't want this to happen. Is there anyway of stopping this??? Please help. Please please please :'(

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
What are (both) your plans concerning work, studies etc?

(I do have a reason for this question!)

Snowflake3008

Snowflake3008

Well, he's going to be in his last year of school, and I'm going to college. It's a slightly long distance relationship btw, so we don't see eachother much, probably less when school starts again. Not sure whether that would be useful or not...

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Well, he's going to be in his last year of school, and I'm going to college. It's a slightly long distance relationship btw, so we don't see each other much, probably less when school starts again. Not sure whether that would be useful or not...
Ok, maybe what I was going to suggest might not be practical, and your parents might hate me for it ;) Why not outspontaneous him and plan a trip. Depending how brave you are, and how much your folks will go along with it. My first thought was backpacking through India together, but that would be pretty daring of you both. Mind you by the time you'd planned it, saved, and both had the opportunity you might be a bit older. There's always island hopping in Greece too...something that shows you have get up and go, an experience for you both to share and bring you together?

Last edited:
Snowflake3008

Snowflake3008

It seems like a really good idea, but I'd doubt we'd be able to go to a different country together. Not only are we completely broke, but we're a little too young for that XD Besides, he just told me he thinks he's losing the feeling. I'm going to try and get my immature side back, but he needs to still fall for me for it to work.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
It seems like a really good idea, but I'd doubt we'd be able to go to a different country together. Not only are we completely broke, but we're a little too young for that XD Besides, he just told me he thinks he's losing the feeling. I'm going to try and get my immature side back, but he needs to still fall for me for it to work.
When I was 16 I hitched down to the south of France and lived with some travellers in '86. Admittedly I was skint, and even managed to have someone crack my skull, but it was great; particularly the beautiful French nurse in a thin cotton uniform who stitched me up.

Island hopping would be the one for you guys I reckon, not too far away, and not too pricey. Put it to him, the worst that can happen is parents can say 'NO WAY!!!!'. You've been spontaneous, and it's hardly your fault the 'grown ups' said no ;)

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Pleasure, sorry I'm not much help!!!