• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help, unsure what to do :(

A

abertha

My boyfriend has always been the stable one in our relationship. I am a complete wreck most of the time, but the last week or so he has had 2 cases of..well some kind of anxiety.

He refused to leave the house on account of feeling exposed. He said his heart was pounding and nothing made sense, that everything seemed to be shifting and he didn't know why or what to do about it. We live together and are with each other pretty much all day everyday so I know there isn't anything going on..he is such a great guy, really confident and able, he has never suffered trauma or anything. I don't know what to do to help him.

Any ideas what it could be? Thanks :cry:

D

dreambuggieII

Have you googled the symptoms. Its best to do that.

Take about 5-6 respected opinions.

I read a few things about anxiety leading to agrophobia but people are so different these days. We all have tinges of things.

It also sounds a tad "panic attack" mode.

I've heard counselling works well for it.

E

eternaljourney

If he is normally your rock could you try and be his for a bit. Think of what he does that steadies you maybe. Is it possible for him to have a rest of some kind for a little bit. A rest together perhaps?

S

*Sapphire*

Hi abertha

Your boyfriend is really the one to ask this. Even if he does not seem to know himself you can perhaps try to get an idea by asking some well worded and open questions about his life right now (ie questions that you can't answer yes or no to, like ones that start with who, why, what, where, how and when!). Maybe do this when he is not anxious so he can get some perspective on it.

I know you have had a move in the last year, he may be suffering with some delayed effects from this himself. I know you have been unhappy lately too and feeling a bit isolated, perhaps he is picking up on this but doesn't know how to express it or help with it so it comes out as an anxiety attack. Or it is his job or something else or lots of different things combined.

You also can't rule out a physical problem, so I would get him to see a doctor to have a check up in case.

Try not to panic, this probably won't last forever and if it is a mental health issue then the sooner he gets it treated the better potential for a quick and full recovery.

Take care
Sapphire

A

abertha

Thank you. I will try asking him, though he seems to be ok today.

S

smith

take a note of things that he does abnormally for a week and then consult some concerned preson