• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

PLEASE HELP - Strong Hallucinations

dreambuggieIII

dreambuggieIII

Recently, I have been seeing various loony toons characters appear near my window sill.
I'm not sure if they are real or they are being projected

I'm lucky, that they do not appear malevolent
But it's not something I can have a serious conversation about with my quack.

How should I apprach my next meeting ?

Should I tell them?
Or should I just let is pass ?

I feel I am being pursued by Daffy Duck, and he wants to kill me.
Could this be real ?

1605386890339.png

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

No it's not real.. I mean it probably seems real to you but they're just hallucinations.. as I'm sure you already know..I'm glad that your hallucinations aren't malevolent.. and I hope you get things fixed up the way you want them to.. if you were going to mention it to a professional I would say it would be a good idea to mention this to them so they know what you're going through.. it's better to be open to the professionals and list everything you're going through.

C

Compassionate

Hi - I suppose it depends on how your hallucinations are affecting you. If you know that they are hallucinations, then in a way you know that they are not 'real' in sense if someone else was in the same room as you looking near the window sill, they wouldn't report to see what you see. They are real to you, because you experience hallucinations.. The one's that don't seem malicious are probably less of a concern than Daffy Duck who you perceive is searching you out to kill you. This certainly is worth talking over with your psychiatrist or Doctor, because when we feel persecuted it could be a marker that things are getting worse for you? When we feel unsafe, we might respond in ways that could be harmful to ourselves or possibly other people. It's better to ask for help than letting things that bother you build without anyone else knowing...

Sorry ,it was difficult to respond because I wasnt sure what to say.. I'm not to good at expressing what I'm trying to say but what " @Compassionate " said is more so along the lines of what I was wanting to say.

Someone is projecting them in what manner? Like with a projector?

I've seen anime characters as hallucinations.

C

Compassionate

Perhaps you can film them - if they are real, they would be captured in the footage. Send the footage to someone who can check. How much do you believe @dreambuggieIII that Daffy Duck is out to kill you? Is there something going on in your life ie stressors that's making this hallucination present itself to you?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
A friend of mine tells me she experienced cartoon hallucinations, which included two women on her bed once and UFO's. I don't think she's seen any since she started taking Quetiapine.

Another man I knew saw people who looked as real as you or me and they used to appear to cause harm to him but when he checked again the effects of the harm were gone.

I don't believe they can actually harm you in a real physical way but they can be frightening and if you react like trying to get away from them you risk causing harm to yourself, I've heard horror stories of people on LSD seeing things and dying because they were trying to escape from hallucinations.

Are you on any meds for these hallucinations?

dreambuggieIII

dreambuggieIII

A friend of mine tells me she experienced cartoon hallucinations, which included two women on her bed once and UFO's. I don't think she's seen any since she started taking Quetiapine.

Another man I knew saw people who looked as real as you or me and they used to appear to cause harm to him but when he checked again the effects of the harm were gone.

I don't believe they can actually harm you in a real physical way but they can be frightening and if you react like trying to get away from them you risk causing harm to yourself, I've heard horror stories of people on LSD seeing things and dying because they were trying to escape from hallucinations.

Are you on any meds for these hallucinations?
Bugs Bunny hides my medication

dreambuggieIII

dreambuggieIII

the auditary side of it
it's so embaraasing.
i'm sure it will go away

i've been drawing from comic books
maybe i'll leave it for a while.

dreambuggieIII

dreambuggieIII

I will not be speaking to any professional about this.
let's end this.

un;ess more characters arrive
i'll be okay as long as i don't listen to the voices saying 'that;s all folks'