Please help Quitiapine is failing me

F

FoeHammerXXVII

I’ve been on Seroquel aka Quitiapine for 15+ years. I’ve been out of a job for 4+ years. I’m also on citalopram, bupropion, and lithium. I’ve had low energy, low self esteem, and very poor motivation. I’m very sad and I’ve been crying on and off with humility and shame that I’m not a very successful person and a failure.

I’m a big Christian and I’m very close to god, every time I pray and read the Bible I get a very brief bubble of positivity and motivation. I’ve been wondering through research if my Bipolar disorder has been mistaken for ADHD and other things. I’m 31 and I was diagnosed with Bipolar at 9 years old. From 2007-2014 I was a huge pot smoker which could have very well changed the chemistry of my brain.

I’m no doctor, but would an Amphetamine like Adderall have any chance of helping me? I’ve done meditation, I’ve done therapy, I have PTSD and a history of major depression, HOWEVER, suicide has never been an option for me, I have too many great friends and family who love me and something I know I’ll NEVER DO. Let’s get that straight. But the suffering is super REAL.

I’m on my last leg and I don’t know what to do. I need help and I don’t know where else to go. I live in Colorado, USA and this was the first forum that popped up on Google. We might have different views, we might have different life styles, I’m an American Patriot who’s asking ANYONE for help. I appreciate any advice in advance that can help me.

With respect and an S.O.S.

Billy Huebner, please please please help. Ask any further questions that can be helpful

Last edited:
Girlrobin

Girlrobin

I just want to say I hope you feel better soon. I also struggle with motivation and low self esteem being on antipsychotics. I don't usually post and don't really have any advice but just wanted to reply to your post. Also you never know what's around the corner, I know I have been in some really bad places and thought things would never change for the better and then they have, take care, all the best

F

FoeHammerXXVII

Thank you Robin, means a lot to me. God bless

C

Common Blue

Well, I'm sorry you feel this way. From my personal experience I'm not surprised you are lethargic and have no motivation. You are on a lot of drugs - many of which have sedating effects. I have experienced many of them. The seroquel just knocked me out - I was like a zombie for almost two years. I would try and see another doctor to discuss changing your meds or cutting down on them. I was diagnosed bipolar and while I often get extremely down - overall my life is no worse without medication than it was with (I've tried so many). Have you lived at any point after the age of 9 without medication? If not then how would you know what it is like without it? By the way I'm not anti - meds. It just seems you've been taking a lot for s long time and the ones you are taking don't seem to be working. What else do you do to help to find some happiness besides finding comfort in your faith?

Jbb79

Jbb79

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I got Mad PTSD After Iraq war, I Started saying Rosaries, and Prayed the Bastards Who sent us, To hell -- Will get What they Deserve, for Doing so . . . . <3 <3

J

Jay alt

I took adderall trying to medicate away depression for years. It led to ups and downs over the course of the day, a great deal of anxiety and muscle tension. I became very psychologically dependent on it. I was mania free for 15 years but had a big ME in 2017. The doctor said the adderall was a contributing factor because I slept less. Off adderall, I have the occasional day where I sleep longer than usual and this keeps me stable. I would avoid adderall.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Bipolar Forum 2
L Bipolar Forum 6
A Bipolar Forum 5
letmein Bipolar Forum 4
P Bipolar Forum 4