• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please help me

P

Penguins26

I’m going through a lot recently and it’s making everything worse. I just need someone to heLLP me even if it’s just talking so I can try forget things for a bit please

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Hello and welcome :)

Bod

Bod

Hello Penguins26, I hope you can settle here as everyone is so very caring and helpful. So what is going on with you ?

P

Penguins26

I’m so depressed anyway then this last two weeks ive been in hospital after taking an overdose which is how I’m weeks sober because I’m an alcoholic, I’m in court on Friday for something I don’t remember doing while I was drunk and I’m just scared about what will happen and I’m scared im going to start drinking again

Bod

Bod

I’m so depressed anyway then this last two weeks ive been in hospital after taking an overdose which is how I’m weeks sober because I’m an alcoholic, I’m in court on Friday for something I don’t remember doing while I was drunk and I’m just scared

I am sorry that you can't remember what you did while drunk and I know how damn frightening that can be, the main thing to do is try your best to not have a drink on the court date and say how sorry you are for what happened and you would like to go into a rehab, the judge might make that an order to go to rehab and then just take things very slowly indeed.

P

Penguins26

I’m trying so hard now not to just order a bottle and drink now but I know I need to stop. Ive been to two different rehabs and neither of them have helped. It’s my mental health rather than my alcoholism but because of my alcoholism I can’t get any help with my mental health

Bod

Bod

I’m trying so hard now not to just order a bottle and drink now but I know I need to stop. Ive been to two different rehabs and neither of them have helped. It’s my mental health rather than my alcoholism but because of my alcoholism I can’t get any help with my mental health

What ever you do then DO NOT just stop as it can be very dangerous to stop drink right off as you will need medical help to come off the drink.

P

Penguins26

Well I’ve been in hospital for the last two weeks so I haven’t drank. But I know if I have 1 I’ll have 1bottle so I’m trying not to even have any now.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Congratulations on your weeks of sobriety. It was a long road of recovery for me as well but I’ve learned how to drink in moderation after being an alcoholic for 10 years. I go months without drinking now. It’s easier said than done and I know your struggle is real but like you said if you want to continue getting help mentally you must take care of yourself physically as well. Good luck 🍀