• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please help me !?

C

caans01

hi when i was a kid i had weird behavior.. i used to think it might be bad if i don't look at a girl's hair in school class. Something bad could happen if I didn't touch our neighbor's door when I got home. There are many examples like this. It was death that scared me the most. I loved cars when I was a kid, then I started to think that I could die in an accident with a car, and I was only 14 years old and I got away from cars. But my biggest obsession is the number 26, I thought that this number could be a divine message for me. And at this age, I thought I could have a car accident and die. Everywhere I ran into this number, it was a message. I was very afraid, then this fear went away by itself. But last year my grandfather died and my obsession with the number 26 started again after this trauma. I'm 25 now and I'm scared, I went to a psychologist and he said I have obsessive compulsive disorder. What are you thinking ? Is this obsessive compulsive disorder or is it a divine message, I'm so scared..

C

caans01

Ve beni en çok korkutan şey, 26 sayısı takıntımın nasıl başladığını bilmiyorum. Bunu hatırlamamam normal mi?

Bod

Bod

Hi and welcome to the forum, I don't have OCD my self but have you been told by your GP doctor that you have it.

2Much2Feel

hi when i was a kid i had weird behavior.. i used to think it might be bad if i don't look at a girl's hair in school class. Something bad could happen if I didn't touch our neighbor's door when I got home. There are many examples like this. It was death that scared me the most. I loved cars when I was a kid, then I started to think that I could die in an accident with a car, and I was only 14 years old and I got away from cars. But my biggest obsession is the number 26, I thought that this number could be a divine message for me. And at this age, I thought I could have a car accident and die. Everywhere I ran into this number, it was a message. I was very afraid, then this fear went away by itself. But last year my grandfather died and my obsession with the number 26 started again after this trauma. I'm 25 now and I'm scared, I went to a psychologist and he said I have obsessive compulsive disorder. What are you thinking ? Is this obsessive compulsive disorder or is it a divine message, I'm so scared..
Hey, @caans01, welcome to the forum. Really hope you find it helpful. I don't know much about OCD but wanted to welcome you and plenty of people on here will understand. It sounds to me like your psychologist may be right, that this is disturbing your life to this level and you should follow up with someone for proper treatment, see if that helps. I personally don't think a divine message would make you feel such anxiety and suffering, so that's kind of my take on it for what it's worth.

You'll get better input from people who have OCD on here, so that will be coming. I wish you the very best of luck and again, welcome. xx

C

caans01

Merhaba ve foruma hoş geldiniz, ben kendimde OKB yok ama pratisyen hekiminiz tarafından sizde de olduğu söylendi mi?
[/ALINTI]
Ve beni en çok korkutan şey, 26 sayısı takıntımın nasıl başladığı
Hi and welcome to the forum, I don't have OCD my self but have you been told by your GP doctor that you have it.
Yes

Bod

Bod

As you have joined this forum you will get all the advice and help you may need from other members who have OCD.

B

BlueWater

Yes, that sounds like OCD to me. My OCD triggers are different. They are based on bad past experiences and fears of those experiences happening again so for me there's a PTSD element to my OCD. Your OCD seems to trend more towards superstitions. I'm not saying it's any less agonizing for you than it is for me because regardless of how you experience OCD it's an anxiety-based disorder. I hope you are in talk therapy and medicines have been offered to you.

A

Archipelago

The thoughts associated with OCD are so creative and compelling. They can seem to some out of nowhere, totally outside of our own imagination. It sounds like maybe this is something you're dealing with.

When I was younger, I had many compulsions around superstitious, religious, magical things. The thoughts were totally irrational and just seemed to arise out of nowhere in my mind, which was very scary. There was no end to them. As soon as I'd work through one horrible thought, another would appear, just as odd and seemingly random as the last.

You may find it helpful to Google search "magical thinking OCD". While you may have OCD, it doesn't necessary mean that's the only issue at hand, which is why it's so important to be evaluated by a well-trained and compassionate professional who is very familiar with OCD.