• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help me

R

rexie2019

I think I’m having intrusive thoughts I’m terrified will I feel like this forever? I feel like I’m hearing things etc - is this just because I’m highly anxious?

P

Professionalhypochondriac

I think I’m having intrusive thoughts I’m terrified will I feel like this forever? I feel like I’m hearing things etc - is this just because I’m highly anxious?
Anxiety is very good at hyper stimulating the senses... so everything feels a little sharper and clearer and can make you feel like you are hearing things because your body is on high alert.
No you won’t feel like that forever. Accept the thoughts for what they are... just thoughts , and thoughts can’t harm you.

PlasticPilot

PlasticPilot

How long have you been hearing things ?
Do you hear voices ?

R

rexie2019

How long have you been hearing things ?
Do you hear voices ?
I’m not really sure if I am hearing things or if I’m just over sensitive to noise and am making myself believe I am hearing things. It’s like my own voice in my head is saying/thinking things that Ive never felt before. I’m confused and am scared that I’m going to become completely psychotic.

R

rexie2019

Anxiety is very good at hyper stimulating the senses... so everything feels a little sharper and clearer and can make you feel like you are hearing things because your body is on high alert.
No you won’t feel like that forever. Accept the thoughts for what they are... just thoughts , and thoughts can’t harm you.
is it normal to feel that I might act upon the thoughts I’m having? They’re really awful thoughts. I feel like I have gone mad and am going to do things I don’t want to do???

D

DL1

is it not rumination were the same thoughts keep repeating themselves in your mind.
i had this spoke to my psychiatrist who quickly prescribed me an anti psychotic medication called chloprzamine .
do you leave the house, going outside for fresh air does break the cycle , trust me i have been ill off work 2 months now starting to reassemble my thoughts to return to occupation.
hope this thread has given you a solution.

PlasticPilot

PlasticPilot

Hi Rexie, have you spoken to a doctor about this yet ?

PlasticPilot

PlasticPilot

Did they give you some medication to try ?
I am concerned that what you are experiencing may lead to an episode of Psychosis :(

R

rexie2019

Did they give you some medication to try ?
I am concerned that what you are experiencing may lead to an episode of Psychosis :(
I was put on citalopram and have been having these thoughts since. I’ve come off them now.

PlasticPilot

PlasticPilot

Oh i see, yes i was on Citalopram for 11 months. It did work on depression but after a while my body got immune to it so i was put on Sertraline. I am currently having treatment for Psychosis and hearing voices happens to me a lot.