• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

please help me

E

Emsee

Hey guys,

I'm new here and just needed someone to talk to. Been struggling with chronic depression and GAD for about 8 years now..maybe longer. Used to self harm but I had to stop because I'm in nursing school. (How can I help people if I can't help myself?) I have nightmares almost every night...wake up with crazy, crippling anxiety and can't sleep.

I've been on/off antidepressants, got addicted to benzos and don't know what to do anymore. I just weaned myself off of stupid effexor because of the awful withdrawal effects and bridged myself with Prozac. But I just keep getting worse and worse and worse.

I went to see a psychiatrist for the first time the other day. I've been to psychologists and psychotherapists but none have been much help so...i tried a psychiatrist, took a while to get referred and an appointment..

But anyways, I saw a psychiatrist and it was AWFUL. I was obviously putting on a tough face but I still told him everything...from my physically/mentally abusive mother to my attempts at suicide. I even told him my suicide thoughts are back.

...and what did he say???? He brushed it all offf.. and told me to get a "depression for dummies" book and other self help books, to watch youtube videos on positive f***ing thinking, and other bs. And told me, to get off my meds because I'm probably not even depressed, etc etc and that I have BPD after googling my symptoms. wtf..

I was so discouraged after. I can never find help... I hate going to medical clinics over and over and over and never getting help. I'm so sick of this life. I want to live, I really do and I want to be happy but I cant get help anywhere.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm so damn desperate. I feel like I need to prove myself to the doctors with whats going on in my head. So tempted to hurt myself or do something drastic to grab the doctors attention.....

Sorry for the long post :low:

Last edited by a moderator:
V

VintageRabbit

Have you thought of a therapist?
Maybe someone to talk to and then
They can then refer you to a good
Psych? I see a therapist and wouldn't
Have it any other way. Have been
With her for 10 years. And also
A psych. They are both precious.
Maybe the therapist would be an
Option? My family doesn't alwayS
Acknowledge me and my issues.
So my therapist is my anchor.

Hope I didnt offend you.
What do you think?

C

Christobel

So sorry you had such a grim time with your psychiatrist. I have never heard of one googling your symptoms. I think I'll set up an office myself! So he came up with BPD. No better or worse than any other mental illness label imho. Have you researched it on-line? Mine is schizoaffective disorder, which I hated until i found a very sympathetic and informative leaflet by the British Society of Psychiatrists. Perhaps they may have a write-up for BPD.

C

Chelseacheese

Stay strong my lovely! You will come out through the other side and much stronger too!

Take care x

Last edited by a moderator:
S

subbareddy

Sorry for your your condition. you are not alone in all this. Everyone have different pain problems. Good Luck, I hope you will be alright soon...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ParxSP Depression Forum 25
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 20
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 8
M Depression Forum 4
K Depression Forum 4