Please help me understand

S

Slg2081

Hello. I recently had a baby with my boyfriend. I have lived with him for a year . I am trying to make this work but believe he has a personality disorder that he will not admit to . I wanted to see if anyone else have experienced these symptoms and can guide me in how to help him so we can stay together. I’ll try to make it short
He never liked my 17 year old son . He would pick on him for everything. A piece of paper on the floor . Called him names accused him of stealing and even made him walk 3 hours after school to meet friends . He stated he did this to make him a man and that my son was a jerk . My son moved out and the accusations of missing items continued this time with my 14 daughter. There was pills he found in her book bag . I believe he planted them . Before this he loved my daughter to the point he even kept her home from school and blocked the schools number so I didn’t know . Now he blames it all on my daughter. He took a lie decetor (his idea) and failed . The questions ranged from did you lie about items missing to get kids in trouble ? He claimed it has hard for him to understand that’s why he failed . His love for me is amazing . Totally obessed with having a family and always loves me . He is controlling but I can deal with that . He did dissect one of our pets (lizard) when it died( I think he killed it too) . Anyone see something like this ? Please help

Hejdå

Hejdå

Hello. I recently had a baby with my boyfriend. I have lived with him for a year . I am trying to make this work but believe he has a personality disorder that he will not admit to . I wanted to see if anyone else have experienced these symptoms and can guide me in how to help him so we can stay together. I’ll try to make it short
He never liked my 17 year old son . He would pick on him for everything. A piece of paper on the floor . Called him names accused him of stealing and even made him walk 3 hours after school to meet friends . He stated he did this to make him a man and that my son was a jerk . My son moved out and the accusations of missing items continued this time with my 14 daughter. There was pills he found in her book bag . I believe he planted them . Before this he loved my daughter to the point he even kept her home from school and blocked the schools number so I didn’t know . Now he blames it all on my daughter. He took a lie decetor (his idea) and failed . The questions ranged from did you lie about items missing to get kids in trouble ? He claimed it has hard for him to understand that’s why he failed . His love for me is amazing . Totally obessed with having a family and always loves me . He is controlling but I can deal with that . He did dissect one of our pets (lizard) when it died( I think he killed it too) . Anyone see something like this ? Please help
Hey,

Firstly, congratulations on having your baby :) That´s amazing.
Secondly, your boyfriend sounds exactly like my narcissitic father. The only thing that worked for me was moving out. The was no pleasing him and the abuse was terrible. I´m so sorry this is happening to you. I really am :(

Cazcat

Cazcat

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Congratulations on your new arrival. Mental illness (if he has one) are not an excuse for abusive behaviour and what you describe is abuse of yourself, your children and your pets.

This man is controlling (a form of abuse), has lied about your son and daughter and tried to frame them and killed your pet! Please speak to Woman's Aid for advice to help you keep yourself and all your children (and pets) safe.

http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk

Even if he is willing to go to a Dr and even if he is given a diagnosis, change is a long hard process, is it worth exposing your children to this toxicity any longer?

Last edited: