Please help me, anyone have this anxiety,scared your never sleep again

M

Maria1978

Please, please, please help me !! I had had strange thoughts in the past, but came of meds as having 4 the baby, so preg now !! Bit had to back on meds !! As my odd thoughts have come back, and there is one that is really scaring me !!! I convinced myself I wouldn't properly sleep again !! Anyone overcome the thought ? X

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I can't fall asleep easy either. It's rather annoying. Congratulations on the baby.

M

Maria1978

U get a good amount of hours ?

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Yes but I have to take medication to help me sleep. I don't like being dependent on medication.

M

Maria1978

Well that's better then nothing, one day u may be able to do without !

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Take baby out and go for a nice 10km hike then you'll probably sleep OK.

Your body needs sleep and tends to just Shut Down naturally

You're probably hyper sensitive to baby.

I wanted mine in a pretty bassinet by the bed until I tried it and realized babies grunt moan mumble and grizzle pretty much in their sleep.

Out you go...look at your lovely bedroom way down hall...

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I couldn't sleep a while back because of anxiety. I got that tired I just fell asleep. Try relaxation therapies like a warm bath with calming music. Lavender spray or bedtime balms are good. Be careful as pregnancy can cause peri-natal depression, if your worried visit your GP.
I hope you able to relax and sleep, your body needs sleep especially when pregnant.
Take care

B

bmrw64

I get this fear as well but it was triggered by brain zaps. A snapping crack noise would happen just before I would node off and I thought my brain was damaged and I would not sleep again! Since I have been on quetiapine it has reversed I am now more scared of going off to sleep! because there is no control over it but I am getting to grips with this at last. Your brain is wired to sleep so you will as it is like any organ in the body it does what it is made to do. For example no matter how much you think your liver will not work it will because nature made it work the way it does no matter what you think about it. Your brain makes your eyes blink and your brain controls your heart and it will do this no matter what. And sleep will come because nature made you that way. Our minds lie and the best thing to do is ignore the thought and fear. No matter how bad you feel laying in be and how impossible it seems reject the fear not easy I know and you will fall asleep. It is your stressed body that keeps you awake and that will have to obey to nature just wait and see : )

M

Maria1978

Thanks for the advice !!! Just waiting for meds to kick in to help me along. Xx

M

Maria1978

Thanks to the other replys too !! Came of meds as was preg, still am, first came withdrawal, then depression then this anxiety xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Phobia Forum 5
J Phobia Forum 11