• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please help me 😔

H

Helsbels48

Hello, I’m new here.

I have been searching for support, understanding, someone to describe these ‘episodes’ that keep consuming me, completely out of nowhere.

This morning I was feeling good, great even. I was sitting working on my laptop, laughing at a netflix show. No stress, not thinking about anything.
BOOM.
This rushing feeling in my chest, almost a burning like heartburn but weirder (have had the cold water pouring feeling before) complete jelly/weakness in my legs, feeling sick and needing the toilet all at once, my heartbeat fast and pounding and irregular. Cold sweat and shivering.
I can’t sit still, I have to move around, but my legs feel like they won’t hold me up.

I am convinced this is it. I am having a heart attack, it must be, I am crying and waiting to collapse.

After about half an hour, it subsides but I am left feeling shaky and cold and completely drained and exhausted and I sleep for 1-2 hours.

It always leaves me so unsure - should I go to hospital!?? Been there twice before hooked up to an ECG and had blood-tests to be sent away ‘healthy’ and feeling a fraud.

It’s destroying my confidence and my life as I am so scared of it happening 😔😔😔😭

Please reach out and share similar experiences if you can - I am so scared.

Wishing you all well 🙏❤

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

I had the same symptoms when I started having full blown panic attacks and the hospital used to laugh cause I came in so much frightened but like you everything was always fine. I was actually hooked up to heart monitor I could feel one coming on I was telling at them to pay attention my heart rate went from 90 to 150 in seconds. I could literally feel the blood rushing through my body. I knew I was dying. But I always came out of it. I heard they are scarier than an actual heart attack. I don't know if this helps but I've been in your shoes and can relate.

H

Helsbels48

Thank you so much for responding - it is such a relief to hear this and I am so sorry you are also suffering :(
How often do you get the bad attacks??

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

I literally get them from the fear of the next one. Now they have started in my sleep. They are scary.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Friend with agoraphobia, please help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
D What do you do when you get panic attack, please help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 41
L PLEASE HELP Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
magpie3318 Help please Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
M Please Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
G Please someone help me, I'm desperate. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
I Please help I'm so scared can't cope Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
BusyCat I need help. Please. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
M Has anyone experienced this? If so, please help me! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
B need some help please Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
T Panic and Anxiety, please help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
Panda Please can you help or offer advice? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
C Please help! My brother has never been THIS bad before. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
H HEAT INDUCED PANIC ATTACKS - please share your experiences Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 12
D For Diagnosed agoraphobics, your comments and opinions please. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
Azelka Don't judge me please and don't think I'm faking. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 11
M Recent Panic Attack/Agoraphobia-Feedback Please?? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
nenexx Did ANTIDEPRESSANTS help you? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 15
M Help for agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
M HELP! Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
L Help. Girlfriend panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
viveka Help with walking down the street? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
A Panic disorder help! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
H Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
7 I need help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
C Help! Disordered breathing pattern/ HVS - Health anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
F Panic Attack Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
M Hypertension and agoraphobia...help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
Homebound87 Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
whitelection I have a fear of fainting in public--Help. Me. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
L My mum doesn't understand my severe fear... Help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
N Help and advice needed. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
F Can anyone help me???? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
C Murderous Thoughts help ? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
A Help for a friend/girlfriend Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
C Help, I'm getting worse. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Sleeping problems. Help. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
P Help for my son Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
N A book that help me to cope with agoraphobia an panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
M HELP !! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
S Constant dizziness HELP Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
M I need help :'( Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
G Need some help! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
L Agoraphobia - Desperately searching for someone ne who can help, is it you? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
N Hate Agoraphobia. Help. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
Q Help needed Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M Scared of myself or nothing to fear? HELP. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
S More help seems to be making things worse Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
M I need to help my agoraphobic/alcoholic mum Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
D Housebound: Need Help and Advice Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1