• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help inexperienced

B

Bunnipan

Would someone who is hallucinating be able to TELL they were hallucinating? Answers from people who hallucinate highly appreciated.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Generally, you would know.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Bunnipan and welcome to the forum.

It took a lot of time and logical thinking but I could usually tell when I was hallucinating. To be sure though, I would often have to ask someone I trusted if what I was seeing (or had seen) was real. Talking about it took many years but ultimately made it easier to rationalise.

A lot of it depends on the type of hallucination, I suppose. It's a tricky one because we naturally believe what we see. When this is questioned the world becomes a very confusing place. It can make you question everything.

Is this about you hallucinating or someone else?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hi, just wanted to welcome you to the forum.
I have hallucinated on occasions, though not for a few years now.
I suppose it depends on what exactly you are hearing/seeing/sensing, whether or not it fits into the context of your surroundings or whether it seems strange.

But as I said, it's not something I experience a great deal.
Hopefully more people will reply and you get the answer you are looking for. Also, I hope that you are ok.