Please help i want to find some answer for my problem

S

Senio

I have a problem in my brain, since childhood i notice, i have a empty brain or no thoughts, i also have problem in process words then also problem in remembering stuff, is this dementia or alzeimeirs?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya Senio. I used to be a Sister in charge of a Dementia unit and would honestly say that I very much doubt it. The vast majority, if not all, of people with dementia don't realise they can't remember things or feel empty like that. You say you have no thoughts and struggle to process words, but you are doing that here.

I would advise you see a doctor to reassure you and maybe see why you feel this way. There are a lot of reasons out there, from depression, anxiety, learning difficulties, and many more MH and physical conditions. We can't diagnose anyone on a forum, but also if you had Alzheimers (which is one of the dementias) as a child, you wouldn't still be alive now. Its extremelyrare for a child to have it, and then its usually a genetic condition actually. The overwhelming majority are over 80 years old.

Would you like to tell us more about yourself so we can support you better?

S

Senio

I am 22, years old, i also hard time to obtain information or it feels like i cant obtain any information, just empty brain then no thoughts.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I am 22, years old, i also hard time to obtain information or it feels like i cant obtain any information, just empty brain then no thoughts.
my brain is often empty. Maybe think of it as a staging area to organize what you will type or say. Take the info in and then arrange it how you want and make it output.

N

notrealname

I think this sounds like a concentration problem, personally. Quite possibly as the result of anxiety or depression, although as has been said, we can't diagnose. I would definitely see a doctor to see what can be done to help.

Kerome

Kerome

I have a problem in my brain, since childhood i notice, i have a empty brain or no thoughts, i also have problem in process words then also problem in remembering stuff, is this dementia or alzeimeirs?
Problems with processing words sounds more like dyslexia, but I wouldn't know how that might be related to any memory problems. You need to consult a proper doctor as you may have a disability or special needs.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hello Senio. i have an idea what that is like..i think. i have trouble processing information and on top of that i get information overload. i had a dyslexia test a number of years ago now. its weird cos i can read stuff but i just cant seem to get it back out again. the person who tested me said i also had severe lack of confidence. and really she couldnt be sure whether it was the lack of confidence that was creating the problem.

it would be so pointless me going to a book club as i wouldnt be able to join in. this has been the biggest frustration in my life. i even went to college and no one twigged that i had this difficulty. i have lost so many years opportunity because of it. and also conversations i find hard work. thankfully at last i can talk on this forum at a pace and time that suits me.

so i would maybe check out whether you do have any kind of dyslexia. i got mine done through the college (different one) and so it cost me nothing. :goodluck:

O

Overseer

Hi this sounds like depression to me or possibly anxiety. Do you think there is something that needs to be looked into?

S

Suzy Q

Sensory Integration Disorder has similar symptoms. Assuming you don't have a hearing loss? An audiologist can confirm your hearing level AND even whether your brain is able to process the words properly if there is no loss.