• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

please help. i need to reset my sleep schedule

L

lostwonderer12

latley ive been sleeping during the day and being up ALL night and its depressing. how can i keep myself up until 10pm tonight to try to reset my sleep?? i keep trying to reset this but i ALWAYS end up falling asleep. when im tired i just shut down and its nearly impossable for me to stay up!

Z

Zoe1

hi lostwonderer12

struggling with similar issues
although I can get up early when I have an appointment

if had to keep myself awake
it would be down to drinking coffee
and maybe looking into a nutritional supplement

the people working in the health food stores
seem to have good suggestions about supplements

:grouphug: 🎼

L

lostwonderer12

ill see if there are suppliments to keep me up or to better reset my circadian rythm. it is beyond depressing waking up at night time. everything is closed and its all quiet and dark and it it makes me sick

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think you need to set your alarm and force yourself to get up say at 8am and do your best not to sleep. Keep yourself active get out for a walk and then go to bed at 11/12 pm and set your alarm again. Dot this for a few days and it should reset your body clock. If you cant get to sleep try a herbal aid to help you sleep like Nytol. But the important thing is to get out of bed no matter how tired you are

Catty5

Catty5

I reset it

My sleep was so messed up due to depression. I took Mirtazapine 15mg ( I reduced it gradually) just for sleep for 3 months (I don’t need it anymore) to teach my brain “a sleep cycle”.

I went to bed around 8-9 pm with Mirtazapine then woke up 5-6 am everyday. I never took a nap. Just kept doing so.

Now I can fall in sleep without med at 8-9pm and wake up around 5-6pm. My brain learned it.

Blooming

Blooming

I reset it

My sleep was so messed up due to depression. I took Mirtazapine 15mg ( I reduced it gradually) just for sleep for 3 months (I don’t need it anymore) to teach my brain “a sleep cycle”.

I went to bed around 8-9 pm with Mirtazapine then woke up 5-6 am everyday. I never took a nap. Just kept doing so.

Now I can fall in sleep without med at 8-9pm and wake up around 5-6pm. My brain learned it.
WOW, I am doing that now. It works. I take it one hour before I want to go to bed (at the same time every day) and it gives me a night with seven hours of sleep. 👍 May be lostwonderer12 could use a combination of getting up one hour ealier a day and use Mirtazapine.

Blooming

Blooming

latley ive been sleeping during the day and being up ALL night and its depressing. how can i keep myself up until 10pm tonight to try to reset my sleep?? i keep trying to reset this but i ALWAYS end up falling asleep. when im tired i just shut down and its nearly impossable for me to stay up!
:hug:
Hi, I think the best you can do is to make an appointment with your GP and that you togheter make some sort of a "contract" that is to be evaluated often until you are on the right path. Please see my answer to Catty5.

Catty5

Catty5

WOW, I am doing that now. It works. I take it one hour before I want to go to bed (at the same time every day) and it gives me a night with seven hours of sleep. 👍 May be lostwonderer12 could use a combination of getting up one hour ealier a day and use Mirtazapine.
I truly hope it’ll work for me. It really worked for me but it took a a time with ups and downs. Keep in touch !!!

Blooming

Blooming

I truly hope it’ll work for me. It really worked for me but it took a a time with ups and downs. Keep in touch !!!
My experience so far is that I have to be very strict with my sleep routines, if not it doesn't work. Last night to Sunday I sat up, watching TV. It was first the night to Thursday it was possible to sleep OK again. I have learned a lesson and hope it will continue so. I think that there are more to it than only the meds. Regularly meals and physical exercises are useful as well🙂.:sleep:

Catty5

Catty5

My experience so far is that I have to be very strict with my sleep routines, if not it doesn't work. Last night to Sunday I sat up, watching TV. It was first the night to Thursday it was possible to sleep OK again. I have learned a lesson and hope it will continue so. I think that there are more to it than only the meds. Regularly meals and physical exercises are useful as well🙂.:sleep:
Yes I agree.... I try to eat regularly.
I also try to follow a daily routine everyday since I’m off from my work due to depression.
I was unable to sleep or eat in Nov last year. I voluntarily went to inpatient. For me it helped me.... their strict daily schedule.
I occasionally take Magnesium when i’m widely awake at 10pm. That’s all now.

Hope it’ll go well for you

Z

Zoe1

there are also aromatherapy oils that can make you sleepy

I had a massage once with sedative oils
and I had to go straight home to bed afterwards !