• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help...I need to get out of bed and eat again.

L

lll24

I know it seems simple, but for me its not. I just went through a lot of MAJOR stresses and changes and at this time I'm not dealing with it well. I had a stalker, which resulted in me getting a 3-year restraining order against him in what the judge called the worst case of harassment he'd ever seen in his court. Even the restraining order didn't make me feel better however, knowing that I was living a mere half mile from the stalker. This caused me to give up my apartment (which I had been living in alone) and put everything I own into storage. I am currently staying wtih my mom while I get my life back together. I have to commute two hours a day to my very busy work. One week later, my current boyfriend and I split and he doesn't want to work it out.

I KNOW the reality of the situation. I am a very bright, smart, successful and fairly attractive 29 year old woman. I own and run my own business and have friends that adore me. I know that what I went through is not my fault. I've been in counseling and I've been to various doctors almost monthly for the different health problems this has caused me. I know that I need to get out and enjoy the community I'm living in now and make the best of it - meet new people, maybe accept some dates I've been offered, join some social activities. I know I need to eat better and get back on my bike.

What I don't know is HOW. I have lost 14 pounds and counting because I have such a hard time eating when I'm upset. I've currently been in bed since yesterday and have not eaten anything in over 24 hours. I'm weak, shaky and I feel sick. I know that I have a head cold right now and severe allergies but I've convinced myself that I'm deathly ill and that I'm going to lose my mind. Despite the fact that I KNEW my boyfriend and I weren't right for each other, now I feel alone and scared and can't stop trying to see if he wants to work it out.

How do I get out of this slump? I want to meet new people, and I want to consider closing my business in the old town so that I can be completely away from the crazy guy. I want to get out and enjoy life but I can't even get out of bed or get food down me right now. I'm afraid I'm going to cause myself some kind of permanent physical damage or make myself go literally crazy. Please help.

T

Twylight

Hello and welcome
My philosophy is this:
I'm a paranoid schizophrenic - I have to do two things
I have to eat And I have to take my tablets - every day
Every thing else i do is a bonus
But sometimes even these two things are difficult = so if i have to rely on microwave meals and takeaways - so be it

L

lll24

My dad tells me the same thing...that I have to eat and I have to take my medication (bipolar). But I never seem to be able to do either on a regular basis. I am off-track very badly right now. I haven't eaten or taken my meds since Friday night and it is now Sunday night. It's a terrible cycle for me. I feel sick so I don't want to eat so I don't take my meds cause i have to have food with them so then I start to feel awful in my mind like I'm going crazy so then I REALLY feel sick physically then the whole cycle just keeps perpetuating itself. I just don't know how to break out of it, especially when my boyfriend was my rock. He calmed me down, kept me sane and could almost always get me to eat.

T

Twylight

Well, this world will never be any less of a Jungle
But we've got to fight it
As an attractive 29 year old, there's lots of years and boyfriends ahead of you
I live my life like a soldier...

T

Twylight

I ride a mountain bike too
I fitted a super comfy seat on it 10 days ago and it's been raining ever since
Roll on the sunshine