• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please help get my mum home.

L

Livvi

This is a strange situation, my Mother has suffered two breakdowns in the last four years, both in correspondence to her grandparents dying and one minor one due to a suicide attempt on my behalf when I was younger. She started saying she was hearing the divine speaking to her, like my grandparents were speaking to her from beyond the grave. It was small things like that, but then things started to change in the house, she left her job to wander after spiritual journeys, started acting like I was some prophecy child. I sat back and stood back then, thinking it was getting too deep. Then I developed manic depression, she wouldn't allow me to go to the doctors, the voices and Internet told her medicine would brainwash me. Hence two years of me suffering untreated severe hormone related depression began.

The voices told her to go on journies and fix things, I started to barely see her and she would come home late. Four months ago I found out she was having an affair as the voices in her head told her the other man was a twin soul of hers, and that they both had to heal and save the world. This corresponded to her complete apathy towards another attempt of mine when she told me the news the day I was put on antidepressants.

She's now in Portugal refusing to come home or apparently the world will end if she does. Me and my brother have depression due to losing our mum, a woman before this who was a loving and perfect mother. I know she is mentally sick, my mum would never do this to me. She keeps saying the voices tell her she is doing the right thing and has even ignored the begging of her best friends. I'm scared for her life and she won't come home. I want to know how I can get her home and get her help, she will refuse it otherwise. Please, give me advise on what to do with this.

I'm British, my mum is currently hiding somewhere in Portugal.

Thank you.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hello Livvi

maybe social services might be able to help, its tricky because if your mother doesnt want to be found then that is very hard.

i think if you are under 18 that might make the social workers take a more active approach otherwise i really dont know.

how are you managing at the mo? can you take care of yourself?

take care

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Please help. People 15
C BiPolar Relationship Help. Please. People 1
K Please help me understand what is going on People 8
Y Please help - boyfriend has depression People 3
V Please please help, in a bad way after breakup People 5
T bipolar mother-in-law... I feel so lonely, please help People 13
H Really need some help please! People 4
I Silence and Dating Someone with Social Anxiety. Please Help Me to Understand People 3
H Is my mother emotionally abusive? Please help me. People 9
O my sister has an undiagnosed mental illness, please help? People 5
T Somebody please help. I feel sick... People 4
K Someone please help me People 20
J Obsession, love, fetishes, and guilt - please help? People 3
H Controlling mother - Help please! People 3
D Friend is manic - please help :( People 1
Colorfulcolors858 Please help//Severe relationship problems//Any advice or comments are needed People 4
H Please Help People 2
G Please help me, did I lie??:( People 1
R Please help me understand. I'm desperate. People 1
RainbowHeartz please Help me People 18
LoneKnight Social PLEASE HELP I'M BEGGING! People 9
M Please Help! People 5
M Please help! People 2
L My bf's ex has bipolar, please help... People 4
Zanily Panicking! Online dilema. Please help me! People 10
magic touch :) :) :) :) Please help People 13
worrymuffin please help People 2
L Please Can Someone Help Me Make Sense Of This? People 11
C Please help People 2
cloudberry My Dad is dying and I'm not coping, please help me People 5
B Is he messing with my head? Very confused and depressed! Please help :( People 1
coldwater00 Can someone help me please! Urgent People 6
M Please help..its a bit long..im sorry... People 8
ABsea could you please help me make sense of this? People 10
R Mental Health through Art ... please help! People 1
P Need advice and help please People 1
G I am absolutely desperate to help my cousin but not sure what to do...please help? People 3
J Afraid- Please help People 20
G please help me People 1
C someody please help !!!!! People 13
razza please help: email to my ex-psych People 7
B Advice please! People 2
P A friend, I've not spoke to in years, has been diagnosed with non curable cancer.. Advice please People 4
PsychoBumby93 Can someone please explain to me what in the world just happened? People 1
K please, mom People 4
N Dear Members PLEASE READ People 3
AdamP72 Someone please convince me that being the nice guy is worth it. People 35
E Please confirm I’m not insane People 8
I To Every Poor Soul Suffering PLEASE READ People 17
P Is my boyfriend mentally ill? Please, need your opinions People 8