• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Please help-concerned about my mum

P

phoenixfeather7

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm in need of some help. I'm very worried about my mum's state of health right now. She began telling some unbelievable stories about having a relationship with a famous singer called Roy Wood (from the band Wizzard) in the past and she said that she used to be in his band and that he wrote some songs about her. Then my sister found an old phone that she was using to send texts to her own phone and to her best friend, pretending to be him. In these texts she (posing as Roy Wood) claimed that she was still in love with her and she has even told her best friend that they had a relationship and were engaged. But the worst part was that she said that she was pregnant with his baby and that she lost the baby after being injured in a bar fight with Roy Wood's ex girlfriend. We know none of this could possibly true because we spoke to her parents and they knew nothing about any of it.

We also discovered she has been sending fake gifts and letters to herself and her best friend pretending that they are from Roy Wood and she has been researching court cases and things to do with the legal system. She has the contact details of lots of legal people and we are concerned that she has told some lawyers and things about these lies. She is also pretending to be ill and faking injuries. We suspect she may be a pathological liar, doing it to get attention, either that or maybe she is delusional and actually believes these lies. But we don't know what to do.

O

Oregon

You never mentioned an age of your mother?

P

phoenixfeather7

Oh she's 49- 50 in March. My Nan suggested that perhaps she is going through the menopause and that is affecting her, because apparently the hormonal changes can sometimes make women do crazy things.