• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Please Give Me Advice

S

Syelix30

I have a difficult time talking for myself. When I have to talk to drs, the manager of my building, etc I don't express myself well. I have no family support I'm alone to fend for myself. Sometimes my mind goes blank and I can't think. I have a difficult time getting motivated to do my laundry, and shopping for food. My question is do you think I need an advocate? I have never had one I dislike social workers so what do you think? What does an advocate do? Are they pushy? Thanks for all advice.
Hey,

They’re more called ‘ keyworkers’ and mine is really lovely. It’s really important you have a good relationship with them to begin with. They can help you with a lot. Worth looking into

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Hey,

They’re more called ‘ keyworkers’ and mine is really lovely. It’s really important you have a good relationship with them to begin with. They can help you with a lot. Worth looking into
Thank you and welcome!