• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

please could someone explain what these mean on my assessment?

M

mickeymoo

I have had an assessment with a cpn and received a copy through the post but there are some bits I dont really understand so could someone please explain:

labile mood

probable bipolar disorder, hypermania-does this mean I probably suffer from hypermania or had it at the meeting?

presented as a little high in mood-doesn't this sound normal though, like I was just a bit happy or would they have taken into account that I was on haloperidol?? Surely presenting your self as not being miserabe if your not isn't a bad thing?

Thanks if anyone can help

S

skyblue

I have had an assessment with a cpn and received a copy through the post but there are some bits I dont really understand so could someone please explain:

labile mood

probable bipolar disorder, hypermania-does this mean I probably suffer from hypermania or had it at the meeting?

presented as a little high in mood-doesn't this sound normal though, like I was just a bit happy or would they have taken into account that I was on haloperidol?? Surely presenting your self as not being miserabe if your not isn't a bad thing?

Thanks if anyone can help
Hiya Mickey,

Labile Mood means - Characterized by rapidly shifting or changing mood, as in Bipolar Disorder (emotionally unstable).

Presented alittle high in mood - Mild Hypomania, I would have thought.

Just my thoughts :flowers:.

Hope you're ok x

D

DELATEXT

as stated previously, you may have bipolar?
if unsure ask your doctor and it's good to feel good??
but if you feel super wonderful then the opposite, tell your doctor asap, keeping mood chart is a good idea.

:grouphug:

M

mickeymoo

Thank you for replys.

It's confused me a bit too about being slighty high!!! I thought it was gd and I did a gd job that I wasn't bouncing on the walls!!

I am on an antipsychotic at the moment so maybe they took this into account?? Does anyone know?

It also said something like I declined offer of IAPT (WHATS THIS?) because I was feeling well. I don't remember declining anything!

emski

emski

I think it's something to do with psychological therapies, moo, but I'm not 100%

S

skyblue

Thank you for replys.

It's confused me a bit too about being slighty high!!! I thought it was gd and I did a gd job that I wasn't bouncing on the walls!!

I am on an antipsychotic at the moment so maybe they took this into account?? Does anyone know?

It also said something like I declined offer of IAPT (WHATS THIS?) because I was feeling well. I don't remember declining anything!
She/he just thought you were slightly high as in mild hypomania Mickey, there's nothing to worry about.

I don't really know what IAPT means, but I think as Emski's said, it could be something to do with therapy. If you're not happy with this aswell as the high mood description, there should be a number on the letter they sent you and you could try calling to explan your side of things.

Hope you're doing ok. :flowers: