• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please can someone give me some advice - CBT

Jo1760

Jo1760

I had a meeting with the crisis team this morning, quite stressful (however not the point of my need for advice) they mentioned that because i have taken an OD at the weekend and although i felt stupid about it, said i wouldn't do it again etc... there is a chance my CBT may be stopped.

I have been on a waiting list for such a long time for it and now after 3 sessions i'd be mortified if it was to stop now.

Can anyone tell me what the chances would be that i would now be taken off??

I really want to continue going and i really do want to get better. it was just a really bad week for me last week and I can see now just how stuipid i have been.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I think thats terrible that they told you it might get stopped!! How is that of any use to someone who is obviously still feeling down, you shouldn't have to go grovelling when you already feel bad. I was supposed to get my 2nd CBT meeting today at 1.30 and my CPN didn't show up!! I thought I must have got it wrong and phoned her office who told me to phone her mobile. Turns out she went home sick which is fair enough but surely when shes coming to see someone with severe anxiety and depression she could have phoned!!
I don't think they will take you off the CBT, I reckon it'll just be the slap on the wrist for being a naughty girl, I hope so if you feel its been helpful. Good luck and I hope you're ok after the bad day xx:hug:

Jo1760

Jo1760

Thank you so much for your reply unlucky. I really appreciate you taking the time out to answer. I had got myself in such a state about the idea of being taken off. I know what i did wasn't ideal, but i do want to get better. I have to say not the most caring pdoc i have ever spoken too.

I'm sorry to hear your CPN didn't show today. I am sure that must have been incrediably frustrating for you. I hope that someone speaks to her about being more professional in the future.

I hope you are able to rearrange and get a date as soon as possible.

Thank you again Unlucky. Its really put my mind at ease.

X

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
No probs Jo, I think you'd be well within your rights to complain about your pdoc. Its like kicking a dog when its down, nasty oink!! I don't know if you've got the same problem as me but I see a pdoc once a month and for the last 8 months I've never seen the same one. Its impossible to gain any rapport or for them to understand you when they don't know you from Adam and vice versa. I think if I were you I'd speak to you're GP next time you see him or even get a phone appointment, at least it'd put your mind at ease. Take care of yourself and try not to worry too much :hug:

Jo1760

Jo1760

You are completely right it did feel like a kick (with steel toe caps on). I saw a pdoc back in september who seemed more focused on the fact i spoke clearly and didn't come across in a scruffy manner. So since then i have been seen by my GP and then also a psychologist, for 3 sessions. i will now be referred back to the same pdoc as i saw in september and hopefully the crisis team will only see me for 2 weeks.

it must be very difficult to see different people each time. Incrediably hard to try and get across how you have been feeling. I hope things ease up for you a little and you are able to have a more consistant support.

Thank you so much for replying. I know it was my own stupid fault but sometimes things can seem a little too much and i guess that limit was reached on saturday for me. I'll try too look forward from here.

Thank you.

X

S

starfish

dolores

the idea that you got a slap across your hand when you tried to od, and may have services withdrawn is ludicrous, you are ill for gods sake, the mhs should not treat you like a naughty child! may-be you could approach your gp and say what you have on the forum, someone has to take your care seriously.good luck.:grouphug:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
That would be ridiculous.... CBT can really help. You must have felt very low to OD and therefore CBT can help with this