Please be with me as i struggle

H

Helen1960

I am so scared. My anxiety is like a roller coaster. But each time it's worse. It tends to be good week bad week

I keep sane by helping in charity shops. If I stay at home i am much worse. At the shop this morning it was all I could do not to cry. Please God tomorrow is no worse.

My GP has increased my pregabalin anti anxiety med from 300 to 600. It's been 2 weeks. It takes up to 4 weeks to work. Of course im worried it won't.

But right now I'm worried about tomorrow and getting by.

Please think of me.

xx

S

Sara_1978

Hi Helen.
So sorry you are struggling x
I’m struggling big time today too and feel frightened.
Hope the increase in medication helps you soon....just take each day as it comes, you will get through and each day is a day closer to feeling better.
Love and hugs xxx

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Are you volunteering at the charity shop . If you are why not take a couple of weeks off till your meds kick in. You could always keep yourself busy at home by maybe clearing cupboards or doing some gardening

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

If u need to talk msg any of us, we don't know how your situation is exactly because we aren't in your shoes but its healing to know people are thinking about you through this bad experience.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hello Helen anxiety is so horrible. But the thing with anxiety that I am learning is that it’s a lot about the, 'what if this, what if that,' kind of thinking.

I learning to start stopping doing this -well drastically reduce it. Anxiety is also a lot to do with ruminating about the same kind of worry thoughts. And the thing with anxiety is that we never resolve it. And that means that it is a miserable loop.

For me that last few months have been a real tester and thankfully I am managing to put it into practice but its not easy as that feeling of wretchedness wants to win out.

With anxiety for me its about changing your thinking and just as importantly to start to bring the chaos of the anxiety and reign it in. it takes time but it so worth the effort I would have most certainly cracked up if I hadn’t managed to do this.

Its an ongoing thing. Like all bad habits and it is a habit imo they are hard to change. I have had to learn this myself as no one tells you jack about these kind of things. medication is all well and good for a short and temporary time (talking about anxiety and depression here folks) but it doesn’t address the underlying problems.

Dunno if this makes any sense to you.

H

Helen1960

Thank you all so much for your care. It means a great deal to me.

I'm in my bed now. I don't normally take a sleeping tablet but I have tonight.

I feel safe in my bed and love bedtime. Also all the support everyone has shown is so moving.

Thank you. xx

H

Helen1960

Sara
How are you? Are you still feeling frightened?
Sending hugs
Helen xx

S

Sara_1978

Im a bit calmer now thanks....as usual iv turned to this forum and it’s calmed me to see others are going through the same.
I hope you have a lovely sleep, I can so relate to you feeling safe in ur bed xx

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Helen,
Glad you've found support here, hope the sleeping tablet helps.
Take care