• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Planning & following the route of a journey

embleton

embleton

f) applies in my opinion because the descriptor is "cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person. And "a" is one time! You should score 12 points for mental health mobility if it's anything like my description and you mobilise with another person and have scored points. 1e) is only when you completely housebound. I do get to half of my appointments because I do have a personal assistant and go out about 2-3 times a month with my paid personal assistant.

I've got the assessor calling me twice after the event trying to bloody clarify things for them attempting to knock it down to 10 points which the DWP have done with e). It's going to be a battle I think in a tribunal.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm not sure how my case will turn out to be honest. I provided care plans and letters from my psychiatrist. Capita haven't organized a face to face yet.

embleton

embleton

I provided a social service care plan and letters from my psychiatrist. I have a personal assistant for 14 hours a week so some of that time I can mobilise with their help, without them I cannot mobilise.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I was hoping the DWP would stop doing this by now. So much for the new legislation!

embleton

embleton

Did a mandatory reconsideration for this activity and scored 1f) and got the enhanced rate for mobility. :)

embleton

embleton

Just an update did a mandatory reconsideration on both components for PIP and got an award for
enhanced rate of daily living and enhanced mobility.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i was getting low rate mobility with my dla but on transfer to pip i lost it i didn't want to appeal because i got 13 for support and the threshold for high support is 12 i didn't want to risk it

i wasn't able to go to my mothers burial of ashes because i couldn't handle the journey, they let the yorkshire ripper go to his fathers burial of ashes and helped him get there accompaning him

embleton

embleton

After the mandatory reconsideration, they agreed with all points raised and awarded 17 points for daily living and 12 points for mobility. Originally it was 11 points daily living and 10 point mobility.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it was after you provided documentary evidence from proffessionals involved in your case my case is closed i have little evidence

embleton

embleton

I actually did all the processing of the paperwork myself but did have care plans from social services, letters from doctors, and home treatment for evidence.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
yes you had evidence all i've got is a gps sick note and you know what they make of those, thats one of the reasons i'm trying to acess services

embleton

embleton

The disparity for obtaining services across the country is terrible for those with disabilities, how can anyone supporting you accept no services for health conditions and disabilities, and then their GP will not refer is beyond me when it's clear support is needed. And it is plain discrimination and against human rights to not support everyone with a disability and allow them to mobilize for life's essentials. The GP and DWP should be shamed!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
how can anyone supporting you accept no services well i've got no one supporting me, incidentally you were very sensitive about the subject of providing documentation to the dwp yourself, seem to value doing things yourself

embleton

embleton

In my own case, secondary services would not even morally support me through the process of claiming PIP! Secondary services put hurdles in my way all the way until pushed to do a report after I sent a letter to them with factual information on my disabilities and health conditions, asked for an appointment, and got a letter in the end from a consultant psychiatrist. And this is after being sectioned under the mental health act in double figures over the last 24 years! I have a PA and wife who support me with my daily living and mobility, fortunately, I'm able to handle the written stuff myself.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
last time i phoned services said they couldn't support me with filling in the form but as i was known to them would support me in a apppeal, i thought more leaving things to crisis, that was a while ago now whether they'd even offer that now

my ex went to a pip assessment by herself as her cpn was offf sick they turned her down it also effected her esa the severe disability premium disapppeared, it took 9 months before an appeal reinstated it, she now knows every food bank food kitchen in the area, she was saying she couldn't afford the electric and they'd have to accept it, i thought they'll install a prepayment meter set to recover what she owes on top of her usage and if she doesn't keep it fed the elecy will go off