• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

PIP tribunal success but DWP aren't paying Discrimination!

S

schizolanza

Former member
I'm receiving standard rate mobility. But i was awarded 12 points by the tribunal for the mobility component of PIP. The dwp haven't responded to my email and I cant get through on my mobile. What can I do ? Ive definitely been descriminated against.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
When did you send the email? When did your tribunal take place?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
rights they've stopped legal aid so poor people can take legal action about their rights, and the authoritys know that, discrimination as far as i know the dwp treat everyone like that

S

schizolanza

Former member
When did you send the email? When did your tribunal take place?

The tribunal was about a year ago. I've been receiving standard rate since then.
I sent one email 2 weeks ago. Can I make a complaint in writing?? I think the dwp owe me a lot of money now and I'm always skint.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The tribunal was about a year ago. I've been receiving standard rate since then.
I sent one email 2 weeks ago. Can I make a complaint in writing?? I think the dwp owe me a lot of money now and I'm always skint.

have you anyone to represent you, if your well enough to represent yourself your well enough to go without, thats the catch 22 way they think

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
I'd send a letter and do recorded delivery so DWP can't say they didn't receive.
A mistake has been made.
Hope you get really soon.
Take care

S

schizolanza

Former member
Just realised I only got 10 points for the mobility component.

S

schizolanza

Former member
rights they've stopped legal aid so poor people can take legal action about their rights, and the authoritys know that, discrimination as far as i know the dwp treat everyone like that

The discrimination is there rambo. If I had a physical disability which meant I was unable to meke any journey I would have got 12 points. So I would have been awarded enhanced rate. Theresa may has ripped me off tothe tune of 40 quid a week.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The discrimination is there rambo. If I had a physical disability which meant I was unable to meke any journey I would have got 12 points. So I would have been awarded enhanced rate. Theresa may has ripped me off tothe tune of 40 quid a week.

i know all about the discrimination going on the intercity to brum thur, the sheer angst is probably worse than if i was in a wheelchair and made the journey, people in wheelchairs used to complain about travelling in the guards van well i'd quite often go and spend the journey in the guards van to get away from the people

but as i said legal aid isn't available to me, there was a case where they said refusing the mentally ill who have problems on public transport was illegal, so far i haven't seen it applied to me

at my neighbours funeral this guy in a wheelchair arrived by taxi from up north, i would struggle to afford it, looks like i'm going to be imitating a sardine with social anxiety

S

schizolanza

Former member
The high court said it was blatant discrimination. So I wont get my money? ever?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The high court said it was blatant discrimination. So I wont get my money? ever?

a lot of ways the mentally ill are treated are illlegal, but if you can't acess a lawyer and they know that and it's not as though the public care

remember that guy in the pub saying to the bar maid giving money to the mentally ill some of the decisions of this goverment make you sick after he left heard her say he was a nice guy, i thought and thats the opinion of a nice guy

S

schizolanza

Former member
That's not mthe position Im in though Rambo. The DWP have to abide by the High Court's ruling.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
so did you get 10 points or 12? do you think you should have got more points based on the descriptors?
What high court?
sorry, i am a bit confused.

S

schizolanza

Former member
so did you get 10 points or 12? do you think you should have got more points based on the descriptors?
What high court?
sorry, i am a bit confused.

I got 10 points. I coulodnt get 12 points because Theresa may instructed the DWP to only give 10 points in cases like mine. This was quite rightly ruled as discrimination by the High Court. The question is when wikll I get my fucking money? I had to take them to a tribunal to get anything and it tokk a long time. I am a poor person.