PIP they don’t follow recommendations from assessment report

S

Sammyahha

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has been in the same situation.
I applied for pip in October last year, had my f2f in December. Received the assessors report from DWP in January.

I thought it looked ok, the assessor has recommended 22points for care and 12 points for mobility.

So I called up pip and was advised that they’ve awarded enhanced for care with plenty of points, but 0 points on mobility.

I’m baffled by this, from everything I’ve read the decision makers usually go with the assessors report, for the assessor to recommend 12, and the decision maker to award 0, seems very unfair.

I don’t have any physical restrictions with walking, but I suffer very seriously with my mental health, which makes it dangerous for me and others when I’m out, usually have to have hubby with me to calm me and sort me out. Not something I’m proud of, but it’s also something I can’t control.

I’ve been thinking about asking for a mandatory reconsideration, I’ve already received my first backdated payment. If I ask for a MR would my pip payments then be effectively placed on hold? I know they can change the award down as well as up, but I certainly can’t face going in front of a tribunal, the f2f was Bad enough.

S

Sammyahha

Well I’ve just spoken to a decision maker at DWP.
She explained that they’ve taken the 12 points away because I hold a driving licence and the ability to maintain it indicates a level of function and awareness of danger when using a vehicle.
Which I accept, I’m totally aware of danger, but as soon as something triggers me I have no regard for anyone or myself and I’m definitely a risk, I don’t have control :( it’s like I’m someone else and something takes over me.
She suggested I send a letter from my GP, I cant even do that now because my surgery have struck me off their list because their dopey receptionist pissed me off and I smashed their door.
So I’m just going to get a print out of that from my online records, write a letter, and they’re going to look at it again but they’re only looking at the mobility part.
Just thought I’d update anyone that may be possibly reading