• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pip review

Funnyday

Funnyday

Today I've received the dreaded brown envelope. What a nice Christmas present. I was told earlier in the year that it had been awarded until November of next year. However, now they want to review the application. I've got til the 18th to send it to them. Arse!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
with lockdown i wonder who i'll find to defuse the form if i get one, they've been asking about my savings again, i sent a bank statement recorded delivery with a covering letter from the homeless mental health place, i worry it could trigger a review

it's particularly hard finding anyone to help with the form at xmas add to that the necessity to allow for delays in the post

if they'd said at the start of care in the community that they were going to introduce a policy of persecuting schitzoprenics living in the community and constantly checkinhg their benefit claim

A

anyajp

Today I've received the dreaded brown envelope. What a nice Christmas present. I was told earlier in the year that it had been awarded until November of next year. However, now they want to review the application. I've got til the 18th to send it to them. Arse!

Funny day...that sucks...I got a pip letter last month stating that I was going to be awarded pip until December 2021. They also stated in the letter that (relivingly) that they weren't reviewing benefits due to covid 19 outbreak.....so xmas aint all bad for me. lol

Funnyday

Funnyday

Has anyone else just entered 'stayed the same' as an answer to all of the questions on the form? I'm thinking of doing this.

Funnyday

Funnyday

Well, I've just sent the form back. We shall soon see if writing, stayed the same is ok.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
good luck i've heard saying something like no change they can be difficult

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Hope your claim review goes well.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've heard they phone up and say something like they need to talk to people about their condition and don't tell them they're from the dwp or it's a work capability asssessment

got a call like that assumed it was the cmhc but when i phoned them they couldn't trace the call

to me the whole thing is going sinister

if it was it might be for the best i tend to play things down and present as welll

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you have already posted the form back saying that, you could get a letter written by someone with more information to go with your form?

I'm sorry it was brought forward. Once they extended me for 2 years, then 2 months later i had another form. I was horrified. I have again been extended now due to covid, for both esa and pip, but i don't trust these dates anymore.

It is sickening and wrong and stops me living my life, stops me feeling safe to volunteer or really plan anything.

T

The_Sun_Shines

with lockdown i wonder who i'll find to defuse the form if i get one, they've been asking about my savings again, i sent a bank statement recorded delivery with a covering letter from the homeless mental health place, i worry it could trigger a review

it's particularly hard finding anyone to help with the form at xmas add to that the necessity to allow for delays in the post

if they'd said at the start of care in the community that they were going to introduce a policy of persecuting schitzoprenics living in the community and constantly checkinhg their benefit claim
I recommend you try to associate yourself with a local charity group that supports mentally ill. Also record any assessments on a duel tape or duel cd recorder like the police use. But you have to tell them in advance that you’ll be wanting to record any review.
face to face seem cancelled lately, due to the plandemic, but you should be able to arrange to record the phone call on loud speaker or something.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I recommend you try to associate yourself with a local charity group that supports mentally ill. Also record any assessments on a duel tape or duel cd recorder like the police use. But you have to tell them in advance that you’ll be wanting to record any review.
face to face seem cancelled lately, due to the plandemic, but you should be able to arrange to record the phone call on loud speaker or something.
what local charity group brent mind closed, i don't know any others, i don't think they exist here what there is i use but at the moment i can't see getting a benefit reference will be easy

T

The_Sun_Shines

what local charity group brent mind closed, i don't know any others, i don't think they exist here what there is i use but at the moment i can't see getting a benefit reference will be easy
Whats most important is that a friend has helped you along the way, from the application to any face to face or telephone assessment etc.
The PIP use a very corrupt group of cruel liars in Capita who are specifically employed to make blatantly false statements. So in other words, no matter how mentally (or physically) ill you are, their job is to say you still capable to working.
Basically if you can so much as touch your nose on command, or understand a question on the phone - they will state that you are able to work that you passed the “physical check” and “mental check” “hearing check” etc.
The most disturbing thing about these people is that they don’t even care if you record them on the specific type of recorder needed, they lie on their decision form and claim you were capable and functional.
In most cases, you will need to listen over the CD and or Tape recording and state in detail how their decision was wrong in your appeal to have your claim reconsidered.
Also, always send any letters/forms etc via recorded delivery. Never use their “free” 2nd class envelops.
Or they will say they didn’t receive it.
Try to dig and find a charity based mental health organisation in your city.
If you search online your city name and “mental health support group” you are likely to find something. If not, your local GP or emergency helpline may be able to provide you with a number.
There are also groups that specifically deal with helping people in applying for benefits.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
a lot of mental health orgs in london will ask you if you have ever been sectioned if you say no they'll turn you away

before the present cuts i was been harrassed by problem kids, whode call me rambo etc tease me broke windows, i phoned the mind legal dept first time i was referred to a lawyer when i said i hadn't beeen sectioned he phoned off i think it's an offence to abuse someone whose been detained under the mental health act, i hadn't

second time they told me they're field of expertise is sectioning law

mind was at the forefront of care in the community they're position is hospital bad community good and we won't criticise it

you don't know the no of times i've searched on line phoned organisations just to be referrred on, chains of different people,it wears you down

T

The_Sun_Shines

a lot of mental health orgs in london will ask you if you have ever been sectioned if you say no they'll turn you away

before the present cuts i was been harrassed by problem kids, whode call me rambo etc tease me broke windows, i phoned the mind legal dept first time i was referred to a lawyer when i said i hadn't beeen sectioned he phoned off i think it's an offence to abuse someone whose been detained under the mental health act, i hadn't

second time they told me they're field of expertise is sectioning law

mind was at the forefront of care in the community they're position is hospital bad community good and we won't criticise it

you don't know the no of times i've searched on line phoned organisations just to be referrred on, chains of different people,it wears you down
I noticed you said “Lawyer”. Are you American? PIP is a benefit in the UK.