• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pip question

N

Notahappybunny

Hello does anyone know if you manage to get awarded Pip when they back date it from?? Is it the date they received your questioner the date you where passed to Atom or the date you had your medical?? Thanks guys

S

seekingsense2

Hi mine was from the date of application as far as I can tell. The one thing about benefits and awards is that they do not make it clear about how long it will take and from when you are paid etc. So, I think mine was from date of claim....I say think as there are so many different application processes that I'm never sure when one was sent etc.

N

Notahappybunny

Hello yea I applied in October it was passed to Atos in December and I'm due to go for the medical in March so it's been 6 months up to now so I hope it's back paid from October but I won't hold my breath:-?

S

seekingsense2

I've only just had mine. I did not have to go for a medical though. I applied in December (I think) and got a letter today saying it has been awarded from December. Also had a payment but can't work out how long that relates to as yet. Lots of things in and out at the mo so I'm having difficulty deciphering it all.

N

Notahappybunny

Aww congratulations for getting yours this is my second medicine didn't get awarded it through first time I went last year

S

seekingsense2

Good luck with it. I really didn't expect to get it either, but my community care co-ordinater helped me to fill it in and wrote on the application itself, I sent off everything I had already like discharge reports, care plans etc with the application and I think that helped.