• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

pip payment for bpd

R

ricko4

i just wondered if anybody had any experience with trying to claim pip/dla with bpd condition ive sent my forms off around 12 weeks ago and ive had no response yet i wasnt banking on it but i thought i may as well try as ive been struggling for the past 6 months and havnt been able to go to work due to severe anxiety and depression then a bit hyper im up and down constantly

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Ricko4,

I haven't got BPD (my issue is bipolar disorder) but I have claimed PIP. Believe me, 12 weeks is not a long time where benefits are concerned so it doesn't mean your claim has been unsuccessful.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer before you hear from them. If the result is not favourable, ask for a mandatory reconsideration.

R

ricko4

Hi Ricko4,

I haven't got BPD (my issue is bipolar disorder) but I have claimed PIP. Believe me, 12 weeks is not a long time where benefits are concerned so it doesn't mean your claim has been unsuccessful.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer before you hear from them. If the result is not favourable, ask for a mandatory reconsideration.
like i said purple chaos a not banking on it but i am finding it difficult with not working so if i did get it then it would help alot just havnt a clue what cahnce ive got of getting it lol but thanks for your input purple chaos i appreciate it

R

ricko4

I get indefinite medium care dla with BPD.
so did you get it 1st time or have to appeal aquarius?is it worth the hassle ? because any sort of stress can trigger me straight away i sent my forms away so im trying it but if it comes to a 1 to 1 consultation i wont go

T

Tiddle

Hi, I received enhanced rate pip (daily living component) payments for BPD. I had to wait a year to get mine as there was ridiculous backlogs. I had CMHT help in applying and received it first time without having to appeal.

I was awarded for 3 years. Are you on ESA ? As they may be awarded quicker than pip. Or do you work?

T

Tiddle

Sorry I see that you do work. Pip requires that you do attend a 1-1 assessment except in extreme circumstances so you will be given an appointment to attend. You can take someone with you though preferably a mental health or support worker if you have one or just a friend.

It is worth having I receive £80 something a week and it does make a difference

R

ricko4

well i did work but my 28 weeks ssp is up so i have to claim esa when i told my doctor about the 1 to 1 thing he said would write a letter

A

Aquarius

so did you get it 1st time or have to appeal aquarius?is it worth the hassle ? because any sort of stress can trigger me straight away i sent my forms away so im trying it but if it comes to a 1 to 1 consultation i wont go
Yes I got it first time with help from Welfare Rights team at local council. PIP may be different.

R

ricko4

just got my face to face assesment appointment through 35 miles away at 8.45 am typical so ive been on a downer since the letter came as i said to them i dont want a face to face unless its at my home as im terrible going to new places anxiety takes over so i took the letter to my cmht today as i had my weekly appointment and told my care worker about it so she called them and explained my situation to them and said it would be detrimental to me if i attended so they asked her to send them my pshychiatrist report which she is doing tommorow so i dont know what will happen now

D

diabolicalme

Let us know what happens. I'm dreading the reassessment from DLA (indefinite award) to PIP when it happens, ESA was bad enough and caused me to have a breakdown. Fingers crossed for you that you don't have to go in for a face to face, AND that you get awarded PIP.

R

ricko4

Let us know what happens. I'm dreading the reassessment from DLA (indefinite award) to PIP when it happens, ESA was bad enough and caused me to have a breakdown. Fingers crossed for you that you don't have to go in for a face to face, AND that you get awarded PIP.
i will let you know what the outcome is but the way this atos conduct themselves im not sure of a happy outcome there so disorganised and after all were just a number to them shower of shites lol

D

diabolicalme

Totally agree. They want to intimidate us to just give up, go away, die etc and the best thing to do if you can, is get an Advisor/Advocate (CAB, MIND, thru yr MH team?? or whoever is left with any funding these days) and Appeal any wrong decision. They hate that and loads of people win eventually as it's in a proper court of law (yeah, I know they're not always as clean & honest as they should be :p ) as opposed to corrupt dodgy pretend medical professional private target-driven 'shower of shites' that Atos/Maximus/Capita etc are . Keep fighting! Benefitsandwork website brill too for how to fill forms in, face to face and appeals etc but I know I still personally can't cope with any of it on my own. Thanks for making me laugh with the 'shower of shites' lol

R

ricko4

Totally agree. They want to intimidate us to just give up, go away, die etc and the best thing to do if you can, is get an Advisor/Advocate (CAB, MIND, thru yr MH team?? or whoever is left with any funding these days) and Appeal any wrong decision. They hate that and loads of people win eventually as it's in a proper court of law (yeah, I know they're not always as clean & honest as they should be :p ) as opposed to corrupt dodgy pretend medical professional private target-driven 'shower of shites' that Atos/Maximus/Capita etc are . Keep fighting! Benefitsandwork website brill too for how to fill forms in, face to face and appeals etc but I know I still personally can't cope with any of it on my own. Thanks for making me laugh with the 'shower of shites' lol
went to the cmht yesterday and the lass i see told me she was sending all my relevent history to them i had to sign a c onsent form to allow it then she said euther of 3 things will happen they will either send out another appointment or give me a phone assesment or i will get a letter to say ive been awarded heres hopeing lol but now ive got the cmht involved i feel better about the outcome but if the outcome aint favourable then i will appeal but in all honesty dwp/atos/capita can go fuck themselves because i will get it in the end because i really do need it im only on assesment rate esa the useless fuckers cant even sort that out oh well thats my rant over lol

R

ricko4

so after my cmht got atos to cancel 2 appointments they have finnaly sent me 1 for 2 oclock in the afternoon a week tommorow so we will see what happens just had my esa medical last monday that was a fucking nightmare and im not expecting any different from the pip pricks my cmht and gp have asked for a home visit but the ****s wont budge when i go in there im telling the about this agenda they have against me so i ihope the assesor is ready for someone like me because the anger against the goverment is getting worse by the day and believe me when i tell you this i am gonna let them have all my emotion all my anger anf frustration so they better be prepared they really are a shower of arseholes