• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

PIP mobility?

W

Wigglyworm

Hi.
I have just been awarded PIP, enhanced rate for daily living and standard for mobility. I got 10 points for mobility, awarded q1,e, unable to take a journey due to psychological distress. The next step up is unable to take a familiar journey without aid which is what I put in my application as my mum has to come with me for most journeys.
Eg I had rubbish bags that needed to go to the dump and they sat in my house, smelling, for about 2 weeks bc i was too scared to go out and worried I would be told off at the dump. The dump is a familiar journey for me. Eventually I took them when my mum came with me.
I was going to appeal but I got 15 points on daily living and I'm worried if I appeal they may lower that rate.
Can anyone help with any advice or experience?
Thank you.

C

celticlass

Personally I would accept the award as given at this stage. I would start to keep a diary around your day to day mobility activities You don"t tell.us in your post what your mental health condition is? Do you have to take any medication for it? Who oversees your treatment? That kind of thing can make a difference to the level of the award. Maybe you could discuss your award with Welfare Rights or Citizens Advice.. I only get standard rate care and I do not believe that is correct. Currently having to complete review paperwork and worrying they will.try to snatch it back 😐

W

Wigglyworm

Yes I'm on meds and working with the cmht, suspected diagnosis ptsd, bd, bpd, anxiety...

I'm torn bc I'm happy with my award but only being 2 points away from enhanced mobility is a bit of a blow. Considering I need someone with me when I drive points to the next description and not the one I got.

I hope you get yours sorted 🤞

C

celticlass

Oh who knows how it will go. I have been on PIP for 7 years but they stop it at the drop of a hat, and of course you become dependent on the money. Hopefully others will let you know how they have come on with mobility. The bar is quite high.