• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

PIP - Mandatory reconsideration with gp letter?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
according to one outreach worker i had from granada every country has a mental health system so it could be a myth theres nothing in some 3rd world countries

S

Sophs50522

ex offenders are seen as a risk and quite often get diagnosed mentally ill by forensic psychiatrisys in prison

are you saying as i hardly paid taxes that i'm not deserving, haven't had much chance been written off by a schitzoprenia diagnosis at 19 and by the time they started saying schitzos should work i had been totally worked over on top of the schitzo diagbosis

pip comes with extra esa when i got dla middle rate with the then extra income support it doubled my income, i'm struggleing now and have used food banks if the money is cut by half god knows

Yes some for sure. It goes without saying. But a lot of them are awarded it purely based on just the reoccurring offences/imprisonment and being traumatised from their time at prison and I've witnessed a lot of it.

Did I say you wasn't entitled because you haven't paid taxes? Because if I had then I obviously would have meant that but I didn't.
I stated that some have paid into the system working and when they just want a little help it's quite disheartening that we get nothing.
We are all deserving obviously.
For example an ex force man got turned down for PIP suffering PTSD.
A man who pratically risked his life for his country and then gets turned down? It's a kick in the teeth imo!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
there was a falklands vet in one mind group, homeless had to keep the women dealing with his housing application sweet. he claimed ptsd from when that exocet missile hit that ship, i thought of saying according to the ministry of defence, considering their age it's surprising more didn't suffer mental illness

i know when he kept been picked up by the police, he'd take illegal drugs, when his ex wife phoned they'd be nice to him hearing he was a falklands veteran, ex military themselves, i remember when they asked what the drugs i was taking were for and i said schitzoprenia they were really nasty, i can fully understand why he doesn't want to take psychiatric drugs,its a statement you've got schitzoprenia, with all the stigma, though i said to him they had been scientifically designed to tackle the issues

your ex forces man would probably get an army pension

C

creative20

Fantastic news, i won my PIP appeal and didnt even have to go to a tribunal, they made me an offer over the phone!!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
what level did you get support and mobility, they may have made an offer only to avoid paying more at tribunal

C

creative20

I got Standard care and standard mobility, my helper thought that i could have got enhanced care but i am happy with the result

S

Sophs50522

I got Standard care and standard mobility, my helper thought that i could have got enhanced care but i am happy with the result
Ahhh fabulous news. Well done!! Have you had a WCA by anchance ? I've got a phone call with a health professional on the 5th and I've been told they are more interrogating than the PIP assessors. Arghh!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's depressing when you do win your dwp case that you are seen as or am that chronicilly ill

S

Sophs50522

It's depressing but also a relief that someone has finally understood how badly you can be suffering.
Unfortunately it doesn't help the condition but extra support helps us manage it at least.
I do understand why they do this grueling process as they can't award everyone sadly. Although if you believe you are entitled then I absolutely think it's necessary to fight your case.
I just dread my next assessment now.. it's like a constant worry!:(

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the trouble with me is decades ago i spent a year in a hostel were they pushed taking meds and claimed that as long as i took meds there was nothing wrong with me that i was the same as the next guy, they used some powerful psychological techniques to push it, now in the twilight of my life i have to argue illness suffering symptoms, it's very confusing what the truth is

in 1979 the diagnosis was hebephrenic schitzoprenia negative symptoms predominating as one psychiatrist said 15yrs ago perceived wisdom was schitzoprenics shouldn't work, when i was a young lunatic i loooked for work but that was the way it was

S

Sophs50522

Oh no that doesn't sound good. They were definitely less educated on mental health back then.
I imagine you had a bumpy road to get the diagnosis. Have they awarded you indefinitely for that? As you'd think they would.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
no as i said in 1979 i got diagnosed hebephreinic schitzoprenic then i got so called better only to have the label held against me trappping me on this bad estate, i became in efffect to a lot of people including mental health workers a scrounger, they then when i deteriated reinstated the diagnosis

no they haven't rewarded it indefinately, as i have savings i keep as a cushion in case benefits are cut again, i'm regularly put to the question

i remember the start of care in the community there was a lot of optimism about people leading normal lives on the wonderful new drugs, there was no talk about welfare reform then

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
are psychiatrists more educated on mental health, they're less likely to say people can't work, but if like me your long term unemployed on meds that make work problematical thats a 2 edged sword as the dwp doesn't accept your unfit for work

C

creative20

Ahhh fabulous news. Well done!! Have you had a WCA by anchance ? I've got a phone call with a health professional on the 5th and I've been told they are more interrogating than the PIP assessors. Arghh!
Hi Sophs, thankfully I passed my WCA but the strange thing is that i didnt even have to have a telephone call, it was a paper assessment, i think i got lucky with covid!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i passed my work capability assessment on paper as well, the women must have spent 3 afternoons fillling in the form, i actually would say it was accurate no lies, i'm afraid i always considered myself fit, lack of insight blah blah blah